Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Doug, an AHI of 1.5 is fine, and you will vary from time to time. You introduced several new variables. Give it a chance and I'm sure your normal will return.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2020, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, an AHI of 1.5 is fine, and you will vary from time to time. You introduced several new variables.  Give it a chance and I'm sure your normal will return.

Thank you sleep rider.  I have a very tender spot on the bridge of my nose from the masks.   It hurts.   I prob didn’t tighten the Air N20 as tight as it needed to be.  It was very comfortable.  But.I woke up with too much water in my nose so I had to turn auto off. Humidifier was on four.   I changed to 2 and hose temp 70.   My mask still had water in it when I got up.  I’ll give it a few more nights.  Thank you for encouragement.  
   Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
An AHI of 1.5 is great assuming you felt good, which it sounds like you have said that you are.

If you're getting some rainout, you can turn the heated hose up a few clicks. 70 degrees F may be too cool for your room atmosphere.

You may want to review mask adjustment procedures if you're having trouble with your mask fit. It's never to be so tight it hurts.

Keep going as it sounds like you are doing very good.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2020, 12:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: An AHI of 1.5 is great assuming you felt good, which it sounds like you have said that you are.

If you're getting some rainout, you can turn the heated hose up a few clicks. 70 degrees F may be too cool for your room atmosphere.

You may want to review mask adjustment procedures if you're having trouble with your mask fit. It's never to be so tight it hurts.

Keep going as it sounds like you are doing very good.
Yes I feel good.  I wish this forum had a thank you or like button.  I like to always say thank you.  But it clogs the thread.  Most forums you can click thank you or like.  Thank you as always for commenting.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
And you are welcome. You're doing very well at this, so be confident that it is. Don't worry about the little speed bumps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doug, the tube temperature needs to be at least five degrees warmer than the room to prevent condensation. 70 is probably too low. I use 80. The tube does not warm the air, it prevents condensation by keeping the tube wall warm. Do yourself a favor and buy a hose cozy or similar fleece tube cover. It lakes the tube a lot more comfortable against your skin, it’s quieter and will help prevent cold spots where condensation can occur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2020, 04:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, the tube temperature needs to be at least five degrees warmer than the room to prevent condensation. 70 is probably too low. I use 80. The tube does not warm the air, it prevents condensation by keeping the tube wall warm. Do yourself a favor and buy a hose cozy or similar fleece tube cover. It lakes the tube a lot more comfortable against your skin, it’s quieter and will help prevent cold spots where condensation can occur.

I’ll try that.  Thank you.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
patient access no?
i found an article in this forum bout that displayed in oscar. i didnt understand how to turn patient access on. something bout essentials plus. 
 anyways. ahi down but still higher than the philips machine.. reras are def 100 percent better. would turning min to 9 help? or do you think its fine since i do feel rested?

Post Reply Post Reply
That seems like a reasonable move and would reduce pressure fluctuations. Good idea!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
For now forget AHI, it's all about how you feel, your comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,070 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,210 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.