Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Cpaps, AutoCpaps, and Bilevels are not meant to treat Central Apnea's.  When the device detects CA's, the algorithm will drop the pressure or stay at a lower pressure.  If the pressure were to stay high, then that can trigger even more CA's.

You don't have that many CA's, so there's nothing to worry about.  Most of us experience a handful of them now and then.

Your therapy looks great, keep it up!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PAP is acting as it should for CA, not increasing pressures as that may increase CA. It appears by the numbers you're well treated, and again it is now based on how you feel.

It's possible you're obsessing over the numbers again. Close OSCAR and go by how you feel in a critical and honest manner. If you feel good or better than the past, case closed. Go enjoy life.

If you do not feel better, then yes this is when the data comes in to identify why you're feeling bad. But I suspect at times you think you feel bad after you look at that data and don't see all zeros in the events. If this is even remotely close to the truth, close OSCAR and don't look at it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2020, 12:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The PAP is acting as it should for CA, not increasing pressures as that may increase CA. It appears by the numbers you're well treated, and again it is now based on how you feel.

It's possible you're obsessing over the numbers again. Close OSCAR and go by how you feel in a critical and honest manner. If you feel good or better than the past, case closed. Go enjoy life.

If you do not feel better, then yes this is when the data comes in to identify why you're feeling bad. But I suspect at times you think you feel bad after you look at that data and don't see all zeros in the events. If this is even remotely close to the truth, close OSCAR and don't look at it.

I think I am justified in checking daily since I’ve been using a different mask daily.   Once I find the mask for me then I can see forgetting about it for a bit.  Mainly I like to see the leak rate.  Plus I am very interested in learning sleep technology and I wanna understand what I am looking at.  I’ve been considering getting a polysomnography certification. I love the science behind it.  I simply love it.  I hope to help people someday with sleep problems.  I know I don’t have to be certified to do that but I want to know a lot more than I do now.  I can’t learn to read charts if the charts are closed.  Thank you all though for your help.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning. got excellent sleep excellent numbers. i realize my great number might be just time for a good nights sleep with few events. but i feel like turning my humidifier back on helped and turned epr down to 2. I feel you guys are going to give me a hard time about changing stuff and my opinions. my nose is horrible today and all around my nose. I sleep partly on my face,thats the problem. i could have the mask on loose but laying on my face pushes the mask onto my face hard. i have to for sure put the dream wisp up for awhile. prob try dreamwear tonight which hurts my nose but not as bad as the pillows. I am trying to keep faith ill get a mask eventually.   I like to post my chart for referall later. i look for patterns. if  i get on your nerves please just ignore me. Doug
[attachment=25525]
Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy, your fine here.

I do think you may be having some kind of allergic reaction to the mask or silicone. Try some healing ointment during the day and a little dab at night. Also, mask liners may help.

Although, sleeping on your face isn't going to help with healing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have suggested mask liners several times as well. As far as giving you a hard time for making changes it won’t happen. You are officially a guru in training, so you get the benefit of the doubt in doing things you think should work to improve your own therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2020, 01:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Dugy, your fine here.

I do think you may be having some kind of allergic reaction to the mask or silicone.  Try some healing ointment during the day and a little dab at night.  Also, mask liners may help.

Although, sleeping on your face isn't going to help with healing.

It’s only breaking out under the padded part of the bandaid.  Not the adhesive part. Plus I put neosporin on it before bed.   I’ve always slept best sorta on my stomach.  I use a pillow usually under my right side but it makes the mask push into my skin.  If your familiar with the dream wisp it has a very hard sorta sharp plastic about one inch from the start of the mask.   I don’t tighten it to tight.   It’s just laying on it making gouge in.  I am looking at a nasal mask that has the brace on your forehead and is adjustable.  I don’t think I’d be able to get that on to gouge into my nose.  I can’t wear any mask that touches my bridge for a few days.   So going to start with dreamwear cushion tonight.  I have a lot of masks.  Once I get the mask lined out I’ll be fine.  Oh.  About the dream wisp.   It’s so small and flimsy I don’t see how a pad would work on it.  Maybe I can slide something thicker over my bridge.   I bought mole skin.   Haven’t tried it yet.   Thank you for your feed back.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2020, 02:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have suggested mask liners several times as well. As far as giving you a hard time for making changes it won’t happen. You are officially a guru in training, so you get the benefit of the doubt in doing things you think should work to improve your own therapy.

Guru in training. Haha. Thank you.  If I make a change it’s prob because of something I read.  I always consider the source. I know my therapy looks good now but if it can be improved even a little more that’d be great.   If not.  I am thankful.  I’ve seen some really bad charts.  It’s Always good to hear your infinite wisdom.  Iam just a grasshopper ,Master.  I used to love watching kungfu with David Carridine.  Talk to you later Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
no sleep it feels like
up at 6;30 very dry mouth all night. very sleepy. felt air coming into my mouth. never felt it come out my mouth but into my mouth. chart isnt showing a mouth leak that i can tell. i never felt the dreamwear cushion leaking but it was. pretty upset. i am lost. my pillow mask doesn't leak but hurts like crazy. going to try tonight to tough it out.
40 leak events. long ones...
[attachment=25539][attachment=25540]
Post Reply Post Reply
good morning. i used a foam pad on my sore with a bandaid over that. was that causing my leaks or mouth breathing? ty Doug ,ps whats a UA? i used my dreamwisp mask. i bought a few gecko pads. theyre on the way.

[attachment=25595][attachment=25596]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 836 2 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,082 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,363 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.