Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
UA = unidentified apnea. When an large leak situation exists, and the machine detects a low enough flow to be apnea, but cannot determine by Forced Oscillation Technique (FOT) whether the apnea is obstructive or central.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered another mask and those silicone things that go on your nose but I am truly about to throw in the towel.   I cant live with a sore on my nose daily.  Not many options left.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made my own.   Ordered a pack of 6 to try and to have a pattern.   Going to make my own.  Hope they help. Found some good info on diy ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
acceptable leaks?
Good morning.  I made me a cloth cover for my mask from a soft t shirt. i slept well. nose doesnt hurt, looks like its gotten better. so i think the cloths are going to work. but. theres leaks. not bad in my opinion but id like your alls. do you all get leaks? i can tighten my gear up a little, was trying to do loose because of my nose. the cloth sure felt good. My Dr said no more antibiotic ointments. vaseline is what she suggested. Anyways whats acceptable leaks? do any or you actually have zero leaks? ty Doug, psi i wore my airfit n20 mask

[attachment=25645][attachment=25646]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had worse leaks. If you're comfortable, you're done. It will vary night to night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2020, 10:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I've had worse leaks. If you're comfortable, you're done.  It will vary night to night.

That’s what I came to the conclusion of.  Didn’t wake up once.  Mask didn’t hurt at all.   Very comfortable.   I feel pretty alert. I never really know till the evening.  Thank you for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
help reading chart. ty
Good morning everyone. will you explain what i am seeing on my chart? from approx 1:15 to 2:15 my flow rate is real "shallow" not sure if thats the right word. also theres no leak rate and the machine raised my pressure plus flow limitation went up the whole time. I'd appreciate an in depth explanation. ty Doug
[attachment=25678]
Post Reply Post Reply
During that period leaks are low and flow limits relatively high. Can't really tell what is going on or why, but it seems to be event-free. If anything it looks like very consistent breathing rather than shallow. What does your tidal volume and minute vent look like compared to other parts of the night?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help reading chart. ty
(08-16-2020, 07:53 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: Good morning everyone. will you explain what i am seeing on my chart? from approx 1:15 to 2:15 my flow rate is real "shallow" not sure if thats the right word. also theres no leak rate and the machine raised my pressure plus flow limitation went up the whole time. I'd appreciate an in depth explanation. ty Doug

[attachment=25679][attachment=25680] everything is skinny. insp is very skinny line. hope i got them all. cant remember if i took 2 or 3 screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help reading chart. ty
(08-16-2020, 08:48 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 07:53 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: Good morning everyone. will you explain what i am seeing on my chart? from approx 1:15 to 2:15 my flow rate is real "shallow" not sure if thats the right word. also theres no leak rate and the machine raised my pressure plus flow limitation went up the whole time. I'd appreciate an in depth explanation. ty Doug

everything is skinny. insp is very skinny line. hope i got them all. cant remember if i took 2 or 3 screenshots.

[attachment=25681] almost like i am not breathing. we know that aint it. head buried into pillow covering the vents?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 978 18 minutes ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.