Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
(09-01-2020, 08:16 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: Good morning. Sept 1st. got my best session last night. 2 events. only 1 leak of 2 seconds. i had to scratch my nose bad though. haha. just posting for continuity. ive missed a few. I seem to feel better than usual. have a good day  yall. Doug

Excellent.  Feeling better shows real improvement.

I remind myself to cherish that feeling, and remember it. Then if a day comes when I don't feel so good, I bring that memory back and look at what I need to do to bring it back.
Cuz if I have to wear all this crap, it better work.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Centrals question
Good Morning. I wanted to show off my %0.00 leak.  but also have a question. I noticed that all my centrals are when i am at min pressure. so with an epr of 3 i am at 8cm when exhaling. could the low minimum cause the centrals.?  ive read a lot on this subject and it seems to be very controversial. id just like to know some of your guys feelings. ty. have a great day. Doug
[attachment=26210]
Post Reply Post Reply
Btw. I achieved my 0.00 leak wearing a homemade mask liner like remzzzs. I bout some real remzzzs so I’d have a pattern. I traced into poster board and now I have a permanent pattern. I made one change. After wearing remzzzs one night the nose hole stretches pretty big. Ive ironed and reused but they don’t work as good because the nose hole has stretched.
So. On my pattern the nose hole is smaller. IMO they work better than the original. Thought I’d share. A penny saved is a penny earned. Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doug to comment on a central you need to zoom in to the flow showing a 2min period arround the CA but the centrals could be as simple as holding your breath whilst rolling over
Post Reply Post Reply
is this leak mouth breathing? its weird i can go many nights with low leaks then u get a night like this. i wore my  gear pretty loose. ty doug
[attachment=26294][attachment=26295]
Post Reply Post Reply
That could be minor expiratory mouth breathing. See how the area under the curve looks smaller on the exhale than the inhale. They, while equal shapes should be equal volume in and out.
Post Reply Post Reply
real?
Good morning everyone. ive been slowly turning epr down. results get better.  i know it could be that i am just having better nights and its coincidental. but time will rule that out. i am at epr 1. giving it a couple days and if it does good i am going to shut epr off. i wore tape on my mouth till 5:45 am. then i started mouth breathing. looks like plateau's in new mexico. haha. i only had two centrals and it is my belief theyre fake. if so i had my first eventless night. i feel great though. will you confirm if this ca is fake? they both look the same. ty all. I still appreciate your input.ty Doug
[attachment=26323][attachment=26322]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning. id like to know if this is a real hypopnea? since my charts have gotten good it seems i get ignored. I am still learning. ever since i turned epr down to 1 my centrals have went away. coincidence? time will tell. for now will you verify real hypop or not. looks like i just woke up  and moving around. leak rate went up at same time. ive been getting good leak rates too thanks to remzzzs and getting better and tightning my mask correctly. i feel like an outcast. i feel guilty for even questioning anything on my chart. i know people here have some bad numbers and my heart feels for them. ty guys that help people. ive been reading a lot and have learned alot but i am def not an expert and want to cont to learn so that one day i can help someone. ty Doug 
ps i did google real hypop. didnt find nothing. going tolook again...
[attachment=26380][attachment=26381]
Post Reply Post Reply
The event is surrounded by flow limited breathing as indicated by the flat-topped inspiratory wave. There is an arousal or movement immediately before the hypopnea with increased breathing flow rate which may have suppressed the need to maintain tidal volume for the following several seconds. This is a hypopnea based on the machine logic, however, the criteria for hypopnea in clinical studies usually requires oxygen desaturation, which is unlikely in this scenario.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider the event is surrounded by flow limited breathing as indicated by the flat-topped inspiratory wave. There is an arousal or movement immediately before the hypopnea with increased breathing flow rate which may have suppressed the need to maintain tidal volume for the following several seconds.  This is a hypopnea based on the machine logic, however, the criteria for hypopnea in clinical studies usually requires oxygen desaturation, which is unlikely in this scenario.

Thank you sleeprider.  Good to hear from you.  I ordered that pulse ox watch.  Contec sms50f.  Was time for a new toy.  I realize I prob didn’t need it but wanted to test all my family members.  If any of them do have sleep apnea and their oxygen is dropping I might be able to get them to go get a sleep test.  Take care.   Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.