Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Hypopnea?
Man you have hypopneas and flow limitations.

Just buy that Aircurve 10 Vauto already.

Stop wasting your time with that Screamstation.

Philips  is a huge corporation and they do a lot of stuff, this is not their primary task to produce good machines for breathing.
It is just one part of their business and they just do whatever.

Get Aircurve 10 Vauto it is bilevel it will solve those hypopneas and flow limitations. It will feel more natural. It is quite and algorithm responds faster to limitations in air inhalation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2020, 10:00 AM)fejsbukpejdz Wrote: Man you have hypopneas and flow limitations.

Just buy that Aircurve 10 Vauto already.

Stop wasting your time with that Screamstation.

Philips  is a huge corporation and they do a lot of stuff, this is not their primary task to produce good machines for breathing.
It is just one part of their business and they just do whatever.

Get Aircurve 10 Vauto it is bilevel it will solve those hypopneas and flow limitations. It will feel more natural. It is quite and algorithm responds faster to limitations in air inhalation.

Is this a troll answer? I need someone else to read   It.   I just had the best nights sleep of my life and you’re telling me it looks bad? I can’t afford a machine.   
 Sleep rider can I get your opinion.   Or one of you other guys.   Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results continue to look better and it seems you slept more comfortably. It appears both VS and VS2 are turned off on the graphs, and that control is in the lower left corner of the daily details charts. Normally, we only turn off VS2 and keep VS because VS does affect machine pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2020, 10:18 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results continue to look better and it seems you slept more comfortably.  It appears both VS and VS2 are turned off on the graphs, and that control is in the lower left corner of the daily details charts.  Normally, we only turn off VS2 and keep VS because VS does affect machine pressure.

After that other guys answer I feel like giving up.  Still feel like giving up.  I need to block him.  I want the truth but he was not tactful at all.  Going to try and block him.  I need answers with care and ones that inspire.   Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
He's not trolling, but is passing on a valid opinion. The machine switch suggested would near instantly solve most of the issues you're having.

You may not have the ability to get a 10 Series VAuto as he suggests, but you're supposed to have the donated 9 Series soon. This will improve things potentially in a drastic fashion. If you've found the best results with the current machine, it may be best to ride it out until the new to you machine arrives. Then we can start a new chapter with setting edits that will be even more meaningful and long lasting.

And that new chapter can remain here to keep a continuity to the narrative.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way to block members? fejsbukpejdz ruined my day.  Telling me to throw away the screamstation.  Buy a good one already.  Ect.   I can’t afford a good one. I felt so good when I woke up.  Now he’s made it feel it’s just in my head.  I prefer him not to be on my posts.   you other guys have been great.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2020, 10:30 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: He's not trolling, but is passing on a valid opinion. The machine switch suggested would near instantly solve most of the issues you're having.

You may not have the ability to get a 10 Series VAuto as he suggests, but you're supposed to have the donated 9 Series soon. This will improve things potentially in a drastic fashion. If you've found the best results with the current machine, it may be best to ride it out until the new to you machine arrives. Then we can start a new chapter with setting edits that will be even more meaningful and long lasting.

And that new chapter can remain here to keep a continuity to the narrative.
Thank you.  That makes me feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I worked with fejsbukpejdz when he was having similar problems to your own. He was getting poor results using a Dreamstation and was very frustrate with the therapy and feeling tired. I persuaded him to get a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, and his event rate dropped to nearly zero and his feelings about his therapy and well-being were simply transformed. As a result, he can come off a bit evangelical about changing therapy from the Dreamstation. He talks about his experience in this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-UARS-case and if you want to see what he went through to get there it is here. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ply-stupid

I understand you don't need to feel someone is piling on, but he is actually coming from a place where he has experienced what you are going through, and doesn't have the same bedside manner some of us with more experience have acquired to work with new users. Hope this helps to show that comment was not an attack above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are really good.  They do not need adjusting unless they are bothering you.
Any RERAs present means that there are more there and you have a good number of flow limits.  You can think of flow limits as being hypopneas that didn't make the cut to be called hypopneas, so very mild hypopneas.  On a ResMed I would suggest changes that would lower them, even if you were not complaining about them simply because there is virtually no downside to doing so and it is easy.  It is hard to resist chasing minor issues such as flow limits simply because we can see them.  We ALL need to remember that once numbers are decent, and yours are excellent, that there is no need to chase numbers.  Comfort, how you feel becomes the overriding factor.
For example say your AHI was 20, that is too high and needs to be resolved, The medical community says under 5, we here tend to look at 3 (AHI) as a major transition to how you feel and away from numbers.  Along the way we watch your comfort, because if comfortable you will use the machine, if not, well that's a major statistic in the sleep industry.

I hope this explains things a bit.

BTW, the specific people helping you are fans of ResMed, and if you were getting a new machine that is likely what we would suggest.
Post Reply Post Reply
I needed to hear that sleeprider.  Thank you very much.  I apologize to him.  
  So for the time being no pressure recommendations? Just ride it out? This is the first night I wore a mask all night.  Almost 9 hours. I am still trying to see where to turn vs2 off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.