Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Hypopnea?
I had bad experience with DReamstation

I got Aircurve 10 Vauto and it is better
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 08:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Although there is no flag for an event, the machine did raise pressure.  This has the appearance of an arousal coming from flow limitation and respiratory effort.  Although it is not flagged, the machine made an appropriate response.  Your AHI is low, but marked with flow limitation, so we will continue to say therapy is very effective, but could be more comfortable and restful with pressure support.  Looks pretty good with that exception. How do you feel?
I feel alert.  I feel more rested. But I could prob go back to sleep.  That could be depression.  I don’t have a life.  No job.  No visitors.  No girlfriend.  Nothing to get up for really.  But I do feel like I slept.   Yesterday morning I knew my chart was going to be bad because I was exhausted still. Went back to sleep without my machine for 5 hours.    12 hours total “sleep” 
 Thank you for fast responses and your help. 

Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
i figured out a little trick to help make sure my mouth is closed. i used my other pillow that i snuggle with to push under my chin. it holds good when i am sleeping almost on my stomach with the pillow under my half of my body.. i slide the pillow up to push on my underside of my chin..just thought of it last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy, I use the same trick. I have a down pillow and it fits nicely between my shoulder and jaw and helps on those nights when I feel I have lazy jaw or air leaks. Well done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed S9 series.
A company called Oklahoma Able Tech has donated me a ResMed s9 series.  It’ll be mailed July 5th she said.  
 Couple questions. 
Is it a good machine?
Will I use ResScan program or is Oscar better?
 I am pretty excited about it and wanted to share the news. Feels like Christmas.  Haha. 
 Anything I should know about it or just things it does that my Philips system one doesn’t?
 Thank you guys as always.  
 Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion in combination with info from users of the machines, the ResMed 9 series should provide better therapy compared to the Respironics. I think you will get better results after it's set up for your specific needs. Post as soon as you get it so we can help with setup. The first thing is to do a device reset and make sure to get a clinical manual so you learn about your exact machine. Tell us upon arrival which model it is as well. Good luck to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 07:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: In my opinion in combination with info from users of the machines, the ResMed 9 series should provide better therapy compared to the Respironics. I think you will get better results after it's set up for your specific needs. Post as soon as you get it so we can help with setup. The first thing is to do a device reset and make sure to get a clinical manual so you learn about your exact machine. Tell us upon arrival which model it is as well. Good luck to you.

Thank you.  Will let u know.  I’ll def wanna reset it.  I’ve googled it and should have no problem getting into clinical settings. The lady said I’d have to take to my dr or dme provider to set it.  I was thinking nah I can set it but I kept my mouth shut.  
 Thank you again. 
 Doug. 
 Ps.  Will I be using resScan or Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would start off with OSCAR.  Don't worry, you will get lots of help here.

Do you know which S9 they are sending you?

There are many models in the S9 series.

Recommended (Full data capability and automatic pressure) Autoset and Autoset for Her
Acceptable (Full data capability and fixed pressure) Elite

Not recommended (Limited or no data capability)
CPAP SE (Limited or no detailed data)
Escape CPAP (Limited or no detailed data)
Escape Auto (Limited or no detailed data)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's go with OSCAR on your PC or Mac. You'll need a standard SD card to store data and to bring files to the PC for OSCAR to upload it. Lock your SD before connection to the PC and unlock it before it goes back in the CPAP.

Just think, in a matter of days you get the privilege of sleeping with an alien monster with a long tail stuck on your face while you try to sleep. Oh joy! You can thank me later.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 09:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I would start off with OSCAR.  Don't worry, you will get lots of help here.

Do you know which S9 they are sending you?

There are many models in the S9 series.

Recommended (Full data capability and automatic pressure) Autoset and Autoset for Her
Acceptable (Full data capability and fixed pressure) Elite

Not recommended (Limited or no data capability)
CPAP SE (Limited or no detailed data)
Escape CPAP (Limited or no detailed data)
Escape Auto (Limited or no detailed data)
No she didn’t tell me but I chose it.  There was  only two to choose from.  One wasn’t a ResMed.   I don’t remember seeing a model name.  Just ResMed series 9.  Pretty excited though.  Comes with humidifier.  She couldn’t promise a mask but was going to try.  Thank you for asking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 838 2 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,083 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.