Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
last night?
Somethng happened  last night. i barely remember reaching over and turning machine off. i had thought i heard a beep. l looked over and the light  was on so i hit the button. seems by data it recording stopped but my machine was still on til i took it off a couple hours ago. i felt there was problems in the night... woke up and my tongue felt on fire. really dry mouth a few times. but its weird theres only a few hours data. plus it maxed at 14. thats bout the time i woke up and was out of it and turned machine off then back on i believe not really knowing what i was doing. just barely remember. thoughts? thanks 
Doug
[attachment=24158]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hypopnea?
The stats on the left show 2 sessions, the first one ending at 2:52 am. The second session (4 hr 32 minutes) doesn't appear to be turned on. Click on the (white) bar at the bottom and turn that session on.

I can't really say what happened, but it looks like you turned the machine off and then back on.

Also, the pressure did rise after 2am due to Flow Limitations.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2020, 11:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The stats on the left show 2 sessions, the first one ending at 2:52 am.  The second session (4 hr 32 minutes) doesn't appear to be turned on.  Click on the (white) bar at the bottom and turn that session on.

I can't really say what happened, but it looks like you turned the machine off and then back on.  

Also, the pressure did rise after 2am due to Flow Limitations.

awesome. it was turned off, didnt know it could do that. why is my leak rate so up and down and high? sleeping with my mouth open. because i believe i was due to dry mouth a couple times. i try to sleep in a position that lets me use my pillow to push under my chin, I am going to get a chin strap pretty soon. what do you all think about the leak rate? 
 Also pressure went to 14 for a little bit.  should i raise machine to 15 or could it be raising it to 14 when my mouth is open? thanks
Doug
[attachment=24162]
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate is borderline for a Respironics machine.  The dry mouth usually indicate mouth breathing.
It's not enough to affect the machines ability to do its job, but is enough to cause restless sleep and that dry mouth is no fun.

No, I wouldn't raise the max pressure, as the machine will go as high as you set it due to leaks and flow limitation.

The first thing is to control mouth breathing.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
no apneas or hyponeas?
Is that really possible to have no hyponeas or obstructive apneas? i have a headache this morning. not sure that i feel rested. should i by the data? whats going on with the flow limitation? ugly but none named OA or Hypopneas. Two screenshots. full and one event. feedback please. ty
I feel like going back to sleep. depression? or tired? Doug
[attachment=24181][attachment=24180]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data looks decent except for the FL and snores. Your could just ignore this until your S9 arrives, but since your not feeling rested, try to up the minimum pressure a little at a time, by .5cm
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
At the end of night the pressure increases to 10 but that is maximum pressure. It needs to increase more than 10. I think that the then there can occur apneas which the cpap machine cannot treat. You can increase maximum pressure to 12 or 15.

(I am not a doctor  Rolleyes )
Post Reply Post Reply
An increase on the low end of pressure settings could/should address the Flow Limit. As I understand it, FL are less restrictive than hypopnea, that's the reason they're not getting flagged as such.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 11:23 AM)unidee Wrote: At the end of night the pressure increases to 10 but that is maximum pressure. It needs to increase more than 10. I think that the then there can occur apneas which the cpap machine cannot treat. You can increase maximum pressure to 12 or 15.

(I am not a doctor  Rolleyes )

but flow rate didn’t show an apnea or hypopnea to increase it to even 14.  I was thinking it only increased to 14 because I was breathing through my mouth?. What do you all think?
I slept three more hours without the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those flow limits are as good as hypopnea at reducing your SpO2. I think increasing minimum pressure will help more than increasing max. A minimum of 9.0 may help, but not as much as switching to a Resmed Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.