Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Hypopnea?
Thank you sleep rider.   Setting to 9 tonight.  I got a full face mask today.  ResMed ultra mirage.  Can’t wait to try it.  It was given to me brand new in the box.  Can’t hardly wait for the ResMed.   I’ve also been working on getting the ResMed  Aircurve 10. There’s one on eBay for 650 dollars.  It’s 1700 on most sites.   I’ll get one eventually.  Thank you as always.  Talk to you later. Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=24310] well i tried my new fullface mask last night. HATED it. mouth was dry. very very dry. it hurt. was uncomfortable. ahi 10. i hope thats the mask that did it. i put my other one on towards the end. i am so sleepy this morning. thoughts? about 3:15 is when i changed mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what to say...

Why was leak so high in the first half of the night? 
I don't understand this...

There has to be something more to all this and I am not competent to understand and comment.

The solution is either to tape your mouth and get that chin strap 

or 

figure out what's wrong with the face mask and try to fix the problem.

I hope more people comment in soon so they explain what might be happening. I am also interested
Post Reply Post Reply
Was the new mask adjusted according to either instructions or maybe a video demo on correct adjusting procedure? Did you try to go by the info in the wiki under mask primer? What settings are being used for the humidity? The point I'm trying to make is you can't just slap a mask on any old way and get instant good results. If one is to compare this chart to those in the past, all aspects of the "test" need to be constant other than the mask itself in this case. Assuming this is the case, some aspect about this new mask is a big failure and/or disappointment. Go over how adjusting should be done for that mask, and be sure it was done correctly before you discard it though.

Me, I would consider that this chart may not be as accurate due to large leaks. I just don't know if I'd give a one night chart the same weight or consideration as I would the prior data of multiple nights. On top of that, this is still the old machine that we know is to be replaced soon. I can accept trying the new mask to see what happens, but other than that, I think this is rabbit chasing due to the upcoming new to you machine that will offer much better therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's 3 screenshots on the mask adjustment according to ResMed in a PDF file I found via Google. Not only does it have top and bottom straps to adjust, there's a forehead bar with 4 positions as it looks to me.

[attachment=24312]
[attachment=24313]
[attachment=24314]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would advise persistance, it took me an entire month to figure out proper settings, mask leaks, weak spots, problematic sleeping positions, cerivcal collar, backpack baloon to prevent me from sleeping on the back etc etc...

Eventually after a lot of struggle and good advice from here, I ended up with these results in the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 10:15 AM)fejsbukpejdz Wrote: I don't know what to say...

Why was leak so high in the first half of the night? 
I don't understand this...

There has to be something more to all this and I am not competent to understand and comment.

The solution is either to tape your mouth and get that chin strap 

or 

figure out what's wrong with the face mask and try to fix the problem.

I hope more people comment in soon so they explain what might be happening. I am also interested
I told you.  I put the other mask on at 3:15.  That’s why half is bad.   A cd came with the mask.  I watched it and YouTube videos on the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 11:06 AM)Yes SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Here's 3 screenshots on the mask adjustment according to ResMed in a PDF file I found via Google. Not only does it have top and bottom straps to adjust, there's a forehead bar with 4 positions as it looks to me.

Yes thank you but that’s in my manual.  I tilted the top.   I tried everything.  The mask hurt from minute one.  If I loosened off then it leaked.  I watched a cd that came with it.  Also YouTube vids on the mask. I woke up three times with my mouth dryer than it’s ever been.  Humidity was on 2.  I up’d it to 4 still dry.    I am very tired today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chinstrap
I’d appreciate recommendations on a chin strap.  I have the Dreamwisp nose mask on the way.   Want to try it with a strap.  
 Meanwhile I might try the full face one more time.  I’ve reread everything.  Rewatched videos.  If anything I am getting it to tight.   But I am mouth breathing in the mask which makes my mouth dryer than it’s ever been.  Thank you for hanging in there with me.  
  My nuance mask wasn’t bad.  It just hurt my septum.   
  I like the one that was given to me the other day a lot.   It’s  respironics simplicity nose mask.   I just need a chin strap.  
  I’ve been practicing push my tongue against the roof of my mouth.  
 So recommendations on a chin strap is appreciated.  Thank you Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
Knightsbridge Dual Band Supplier #37.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.