Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
(07-10-2020, 06:07 PM)OpalRose Wrote: You are jumping the gun a little, but certainly not a problem in checking prices and seeing what's out there.  This way you know what to look for and what questions to ask.
Wait and see what machine they send you.

And there is no evidence of central sleep apnea on your chart.

I called Able Tech today.   They gave me the tracking number.  It said expected delivery was tonight but it didn’t come.   I bet it’ll be here tomorrow.   I update my info.  Now wearing the Philips Respironics Dreamwisp.  I love it.   Can hardly tell I am wearing one.  
  I took the Knightsbridge off during the night.  Very hot and itchy.  I recommend ordering one size bigger than what their charts says.  I bought a large and it fits tight.  I put my homemade one back on but ordered a premium chinstrap that looks like the one I made but more professionally made.   Will update tomorrow when I get my ResMed.   Fingers crossed.  Thank you all as always.  Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
leak rate?
is my mask leaking? it feels good on me and i dont feel like its leaking.on the side it says max leak rate is 6 but the graph has a line that goes up to almost 35. will you expain this to me? thank you. i feel like i slept great. didnt get up once last night. thank you 

Doug
[attachment=24442]
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips Respironics shows both total leak, including the intentional vent that prevents rebreathing CO2, and excess leak. You can see the lower line on the leak graph rarely rises above zero for excess leak. You're fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 09:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Philips Respironics shows both total leak, including the intentional vent that  prevents rebreathing CO2, and excess leak.  You can see the lower line on the leak graph rarely rises above zero for excess leak.  You're fine.

Is this a good one? Is it against the rules to post links? If it is I apologize.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
eBay does not allow the sale of CPAP machines this listing. Is for a bag, I cannot workout if there is a machine or if the machine is any good, links to eBay are not allowed as they are commercial your link will be removed please read our rules and reasons why we disallow commercial links.

Rules link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy, your link was for an empty travel bag with manuals. I don't mean to run-down your Google-foo ability, but you're on the wrong track and need to identify a specific machine with low hours. You aren't going to find it for $50 in an empty bag. I think if you are looking to source a good machine, we have already made some suggestions. You must verify there is a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machine and then research the use hours and operating environment to ensure you get a good clean machine.

Also, I replied to your question about the Philips leak rate. What does an Ebay link to a Resmed travel case have to do with quoting my response?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 11:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dugy, your link was for an empty travel bag with manuals.   I don't mean to run-down your Google-foo ability, but you're on the wrong track and need to identify a specific machine with low hours.  You aren't going to find it for $50 in an empty bag.  I think if you are looking to source a good machine, we have already made some suggestions.  You must verify there is a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machine and then research the use hours and operating environment to ensure you get a good clean machine.

Also, I replied to your question about the Philips leak rate. What does an Ebay link to a Resmed travel case have to do with quoting my response?

I was just responding to you to ask about the ResMed.   I didn’t know it was a bag.  I was encouraged yesterday to ask about devices so I’d learn good from bad now I am being discouraged. I read the rules and I didn’t understand that the link was against rules.  I apologized in advance.  I thought it was ok after posting one yesterday and nothing was said. It can say ResMed airsense 10 but is that different from ResMed airsense 10 autoset? Just trying to learn.  Just learning to navigate in here to.  Seems I am getting on people’s nerves.   I’ll talk less.  Sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dugy,
Resmed Airsense 10 is a product line, including several models.  One of the models (CPAP)  is a "brick", provides no useful treatment data, and should always be avoided.  The Auto-adjusting models are "Autoset" and "Autoset For Her".  The Autoset for Her has one extra treatment mode than the Autoset, which may or may not be useful for you.
Hope this clarifies.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 12:24 PM)becker44a Wrote: Hi Dugy,
Resmed Airsense 10 is a product line, including several models.  One of the models (CPAP)  is a "brick", provides no useful treatment data, and should always be avoided.  The Auto-adjusting models are "Autoset" and "Autoset For Her".  The Autoset for Her has one extra treatment mode than the Autoset, which may or may not be useful for you.
Hope this clarifies.

Thank you.  That helps me a lot.  Found a good one on eBay.   I thought someOne here said they don’t sell machines on eBay but they do.  That one that was for 50 bucks that turned out to be a bag.  I knew I wouldnt get for 50 but might have been able to bid and got for 250 perhaps.  Finding good stuff cheap is something I am good at.   Knowing which Cpap’s are good and bad. Not so good at that. Anyways thank you again.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2020, 09:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, I sent you a list for a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her with only 62 hours on Craigslist in Tulsa for $350.  That would qualify as a great deal and is closer than the machine in AR.

This is the one I linked previously.  You posted a link to an alternative on Ebay (you had a warning for that).  I don't know exactly your location, but if the one near Tulsa is only 100 miles, that is like "around the block" for Oklahoma. Anyway that was the best level of machine with extremely low hours that you could possibly find. You can try to make an offer less than the asking price and see how it goes, then enjoy the ride.

Don't be discouraged about the link warning, but do read the rules and commercial link policy  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules.  In the future, instead of posting a link to a commercial site, provide a description of the item and the name of the site where it is listed.  Do not include any part of a link like .com.  If you must use a link, send it privately. Any listing for a CPAP machine on Ebay tends to disappear rapidly because the site does not allow sales of medical devices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 838 2 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.