Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Did the AHI of 0.31 feel OK? I'd say chase comfort over numbers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 09:10 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Did the AHI of 0.31 feel OK? I'd say chase comfort over numbers.

I feel great today.  I had to pee twice in the night. That’s getting old. I see my dr bout that next week.  Enlarged prostate on last ct.  I would of had 100 on myair app because it’ll let you take it off twice but it counted a third because when I shut it to get up I still had my mask on and it auto started again.  Shutting auto start off. No big deal. Kinda irritated me though.  Thank you for response.  Reras are way down? Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OA close-up was a change of position, the RERA was a sigh but not a substantial arousal. This therapy looks good. I would suggest comparing how you feel with EPR 2 after trying an increase of EPR to 3. Go with what feels best. Your 95% flow limit is 0.9 which is pretty good, but I suspect it will be reduced and less pressure fluctuation with EPR 3.

This looks more comfortable than the Philips flow rates. You can see the mask pressure now if you want and see how it supports inspiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 09:30 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The OA close-up was a change of position, the RERA was a sigh but not a substantial arousal.  This therapy looks good.  I would suggest comparing how you feel with EPR 2 after trying an increase of EPR to 3. Go with what feels best.  Your 95% flow limit is 0.9 which is pretty good, but I suspect it will be reduced and less pressure fluctuation with EPR 3.

This looks more comfortable than the Philips flow rates.  You can see the mask pressure now if you want and see how it supports inspiration.

Thank you Sleeprider.  I’ve been doing a lot of reading on how to read the charts.  I have a very long and great article bookmarked.  I’ve barely made a dent in it. Increasing EPR to 3
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed S9 escape. Opinions
Well got it today.  Doesn’t say auto on it.  So my new ResMed airsense Auto is much better correct? 
 Would the S9 escape worked for me? It has a sd card but I guess it’s just not auto correct? Got a new hose at least.  Not sure what to do with the Escape.  Keep for backup I guess.  Opinions on the machine. Still has plastic on the buttons. I think this machine said 27 hours use.  [attachment=24735]
Post Reply Post Reply
The Escape has no data. That card only tracks usage.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 12:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Escape has no data.  That card only tracks usage.

Thank you buddy.  It has 450 hours on it.  I’ve been all through every setting.  I am now happy I bought the other machine.  I’ll keep this for backup.  The Hi5 humidifier has a pretty blue light. Haha.  Thank you for confirming.  Into the closet it goes.  
 Don’t know why they’d make a cpap that you can’t track data to see if changes are needed. Smh.
Post Reply Post Reply
The couple of cents saved on the no data models make the cheapskate bean counters happy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Who did you get the "Escape" from? New or Used? By that what was the basis of the 'sale'? From DME or private sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 06:44 PM)bonjour Wrote: Who did you get the "Escape" from?  New or Used?  By that what was the basis of the 'sale'?  From DME or private sale.

Able Tech is a company that gets donations of lots of things.  Since I am on Medicaid they sent free.  They call it a loan but the paper says keep it as long as want.  Do not sale.  Return if not using.  Basically.  I’ve been thinking bout returning. But I figured won’t hurt to keep for awhile as backup.    It’s used 400 and some hours.  Still had plastic on the buttons.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.