Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Just sayin' you won't need this as a backup. You got a great machine, and I have paid forward for free machines I paid for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 08:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just sayin'  you won't need this as a backup.  You got a great machine, and I have paid forward for free machines I paid for.

Yeah I agree.  I am going to return it.  It’s been bugging me.  Integrity is important.  I’ll call Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for filling in that detail. Integrity of the DME was where I was going, and we see a lot of what we see is poor integrity. NP.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=24756] couldnt seem to get comfortable. mask was bothering me for the first time. maybe too tight. i think i need to keep shaved. i have goatee. i keep it very short. the other day i shaved it off smooth. now thats its grown back more leaks?. got up at 4:30 never went back to sleep. just wore the mask. it flagged 4 apneas in a short period at almost 5:30 i kept yawning ,i was awake at that time. my epr is 3. i didnt update profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2020, 06:39 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:  couldnt seem to get comfortable. mask was bothering me for the first time. maybe too tight. i think i need to keep shaved. i have goatee. i keep it very short. the other day i shaved it off smooth. now thats its grown back more leaks?. got up at 4:30 never went back to sleep. just wore the mask. it flagged 4 apneas in a short period at almost 5:30 i kept yawning ,i was awake at that time. my epr is 3. i didnt update profile.

I know you guys say chase comfort not numbers.  But my numbers are higher now.  0.19 on respironics.    Not even close now.  Any recommendations? Going to shave tonight.  I darn sure wasn’t comfortable last night.  Surprised I got the number I did.  Felt like I was awake a lot.  Anyways. Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy40,
We chase numbers when they are too high or there is another issue with therapy.  Right now, your reading is very good.  You are going to be very disappointed if you think you will duplicate low numbers like that night after night.  It would be a rare person who achieves that.

For example, I can go two or three days with an AHI below .5, then I'll get a day where it shows 1.5 or even higher. I usually can pinpoint a reason for that, restless nights, eating late, etc.

In your case, you state you not comfortable.  This clearly seems to be your mask fitting.  The spikes in the leak rate graph indicate mask movement, which are causing you some leaks. Not enough to affect therapy, but enough that you are aware of it. Small leaks can keep you from getting restful sleep.  I know some folk can sleep through leaks and are never aware until they look at their leak rate.  You are not one of those.  I think once the leaks are handled, (meaning better mask fit) then the comfort will follow.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks are acceptable. Under 1 AHI, you are among the elite!!!.
I have had my beard far longer than I have been of CPAP, I could alsways find a mask that worked for me. To be clear, my Avatar is me in an Amara View mask, no significant leaks. My current mask is the ResMed P10 pillow mask, and I am at the point where I need to change headgear because it is stretched from use so my leaks are up a bit.
Nasal masks that I have used with great success.
ESON II
F&P
ResMed Mirage FX
ResMed Mirage Activa
P10 (My Prefered)
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty Happy.
Didn't wear a chinstrap last night to see how i'd do? do you think thats a real apnea or from waking up and moving or did the apnea wake me up? ty Doug
[attachment=24780][attachment=24781]
Post Reply Post Reply
You had already experienced an arousal earlier, and this looks like awake breathing or movement. The OA itself is a inspiratory breath -hold.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2020, 09:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You had already experienced an arousal earlier, and this looks like awake breathing or movement.  The OA itself is a inspiratory breath -hold.

Possibly a stretch and yawn? Because the other morning I woke up and kept yawning and thinking I bet ResMed recorded that as an event.   It recorded 5 in a few min time but flagged one.  When I woke early this morning I didn’t feel tired. After sleeping a little more I am full of energy. For the last year or so I’ve been lethargic and sleepy all the time.  Took a nap every day.  I don’t take naps anymore.   I can tell it’s helping.  Thank you Sleeprider and everyone else that helps and encourages me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.