Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
darn leak. doesnt look like mouth breathing?  not flagged a lot but i think i will be changing back to dreamwisp.  the airfit n20 has a faulty design in my opinion. the back part just sets on your head. its not secure. the frame of the headset moves easily. i upped the min to 9 does it appear to help? i gotta mow the lawn today. have a good day everyone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Changed head gear from dreamwisp to airfit n20 and vice versa.  Both masks feel more comfortable.  Tired of leaks.  

Post Reply Post Reply
good morning.I thought for sure i wouldnt have any leaks. mask felt like it was sealed good. Oscar only flagged 2 which i guess is over 24? but said i had 12 leaks. 10 were 2-6 seconds. the other two were 58 seconds and 60 seconds. I might go back to my dreamwisp mask. is it normal to have a few small leaks? must be moving when it leaks. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy, I think it may be worth adding a little to your minimum pressure. Your current settings are 9 to 12 with EPR 3. Let's give 10 to 13 with EPR 3 a try. I'll be looking for feedback on your comfort and sleep quality.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2020, 09:47 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dugy, I think it may be worth adding a little to your minimum pressure.  Your current settings are 9 to 12 with EPR 3.  Let's give 10 to 13 with EPR 3 a try.  I'll be looking for feedback on your comfort and sleep quality.

You read my mind.  Two of the events happened when the machine was at 9.  I almost asked if I should increase to 10.  Thank you sleeprider.   MYAIR was 100 so I guess leaks weren’t too bad.  Thank you again.  Will set 10-13 when I get home and update profile.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dugy,
The leak rate is fine, nothing to worry over. You just had a couple blips (spikey areas) on the leak graph.
These usually represent mask movement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone. First I wanna say my nose itched a lot last night. i had to lift my mask to scratch my nose. my mask was wet too. i shut humidifier off finally. 
 Concerned what the CA's are. dont think ive seen them on my chart before. i look at them and they seem like i was awake maybe scratching my nose? only one hypopnea thats good. three OA's though which i know is good for me too.one oa is right after a leak so it might be when i was scratching my nose? My main concern is the CA's which i read are centrals but i also read theyre not. i hope theyre just from me scracthing my nose. heres three screenshots. ty all Doug

Post Reply Post Reply
All of the events are a sleep disruption, probably where you lifted the mask to scratch. You can see the abrupt leak. None of those events are real.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 09:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: All of the events are a sleep disruption, probably where you lifted the mask to scratch. You can see the abrupt leak.  None of those events are real.

I thought so.  Thank you for confirming.  I slept good and feel great.  I had my humidifier on 1 and hose on 80.   But.  I believe the condensation is in the mask only.  Inhaling cold air through the ports where they meet my warm expiration.  Any suggestions? I turned the humidifier off finally.  Thank you as always.  Doug.
Ps. I did score 100 on MYAIR. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
good morning. still having minor leaks. a lot of clear airways at the end which i was awake. attaching a couple close ups. ty doug  i trust if changes are recommended  you'll let me know. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.