Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Remember there are mask liners that work to resolve leaks and pressure points.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2020, 12:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Remember there are mask liners that work to resolve leaks and pressure points.

I see a lot of that type stuff.  Not sure which to try.   The one is just cotton liners.  I can prob diy some.  I’d think wearing bandaids would work.  Prob try two tonight.  Thank you for your reply.
    I refered a guy here.   Jose.   He’s from Honduras.   Says he joined.   I talk to him on Facebook.   I’ll ask him his name.  His min was on 4.   His ahi was high.  I explained I was no expert but I thought 4 was too low.  He raised to 7 and his ahi improved by half.  I told him that’s all I could suggest.  To come here.  Later my friends.
Post Reply Post Reply
woke up with acid reflux. took awhile to get my airway cleared. i drink baking soda water. same thing as alka seltzer. anyways i havent had that problem in awhile. i will start taking Nexium today. dissappointed in my events. might have had mask to tight or too loose. the  bandaids make it hard to feel. anything stick out to you all? ty Doug

Post Reply Post Reply
i remember waking up with my mask on my face but not covering my nose,twice. i kept scratching my nose. i know some of those events are false but i still feel like i failed. i am striving to stay under 1 ahi. my MYAIR says 2 events per hour. i have essentials plus set on 1 day,not 30. might try my airfit n20 again without a bandaid. i think my nose has healed enough. I still havent seen really low numbers like i did with the philips. i have been listening though. we cant get awesome numbers everynight. ty Doug

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 08:36 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: i remember waking up with my mask on my face but not covering my nose,twice. i kept scratching my nose. i know some of those events are false but i still feel like i failed. i am striving to stay under 1 ahi. my MYAIR says 2 events per hour. i have essentials plus set on 1 day,not 30. might try my airfit n20 again without a bandaid. i think my nose has healed enough. I still havent seen really low numbers like i did with the philips. i have been listening though. we cant get awesome numbers everynight. ty Doug

Only knowingly took mask off once.  [attachment=25190]
Post Reply Post Reply
Doug, AHI and the numbers are meaningless, it's how you feel. If you liked the feel of the Dreamstation better, use it. Your therapy on the Resmed is excellent, and there are at least 5 or 6 events in the chart above that occur as you removed the mask, have it off or put it back on. I have no idea how those could be flagged, very strange. Around 2:30, the UA and 3 OA are falsely flagged. Again at about 3:45, the OA and H are false, and the H event at 05:45 is during a mask leak where you scratched your nose. Account for those events, and like most of your flagged events, your AHI is extremely low. There are indeed 5 mask-on events.

It is important that you don't obsess over the AHI and these charts. OSCAR chart neurosis syndrome is real, and when someone starts projecting their sense of success or failure, self-worth and measuring their sleep by what they see in these charts, it is a problem. Go sleep, live life and check your charts once a week. There is nothing to be gained from picking apart the insignificant events that are a normal part of yours, mine and everyone else's CPAP use. Look for trends and do things to be more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, AHI and the numbers are meaningless, it's how you feel. If you liked the feel of the Dreamstation better, use it. Your therapy on the Resmed is excellent, and there are at least 5 or 6 events in the chart above that occur as you removed the mask, have it off or put it back on.  I have no idea how those could be flagged, very strange.  Around 2:30, the UA and 3 OA are falsely flagged.  Again at about 3:45, the OA and H are false, and the H event at 05:45 is during a mask leak where you scratched your nose.  Account for those events, and like most of your flagged events, your AHI is extremely low.  There are indeed 5 mask-on events.  

It is important that you don't obsess over the AHI and these charts.  OSCAR chart neurosis syndrome is real, and when someone starts projecting their sense of success or failure, self-worth and measuring their sleep by what they see in these charts, it is a problem.  Go sleep, live life and check your charts once a week.  There is nothing to be gained from picking apart the insignificant events that are a normal part of yours, mine and everyone else's CPAP use.  Look for trends and do things to be more comfortable.

Thank you sleeprider.  I will read what you said a few more times to try and let it sink in.  I am ocd.I can’t control the numbers.  All I can do is keep trying my best.  Thank you again.   Have a good day.
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart looks great from my viewpoint. There are events, some real and some false, but that's life as a hoser. I've posted some zero events and felt rather poor and others where an AHI of 3 came up with some scattered events and I felt great. Keep the OCD in check as best as you can. And the only action now for the PAP therapy is put the mask on and run the machine then wake up in the morning. Repeat daily.

I'll tell you the secret to seeing all zeros every time...never turn the PAP machine on. Guaranteed to never show 1 event.

Sleeprider's advisement is very good, just don't get suckered into watching the data every day. You've already arrived at your success destination. Don't keep driving after you've gotten to the checkered flag.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree, agree, agree!  

I used to download my data every day.  I would even compare my charts with others and try to figure out what was wrong with my 1.5 AHI when many others see .5 or even 0. It's normal for your numbers to go up and down. Obsessing over it isn't good. And as you've heard many times, it's how you feel!

I know your new at this and want to learn and that's a good thing.  But after time, you will figure out what's normal for you, and what isn't.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
good afternoon everyone. Id like to know more about clear airway. i read that it means nothing is blocked but youre just not breathing? is this a real ca? looks more like an apnea to me. but since theres a leak right before id guess i moved and the ca is fake? 
 I still wanna learn more bout what my chart is saying. ive been reading in the wikis and all over the internet. Just thought id ask about this one ca and is ca a central apnea? Feel Great today. Cleaned my whole house plus a lot of other chores. ty as always. Doug
[attachment=25288]
[attachment=25289]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 980 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.