Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
If pressure did not fluctuate much with minimum pressure at 11.0 that means you are at or near your upper requirement for air pressure. Less fluctuation can be less disruptive to sleep, but I consider a variation of 2-3 cm acceptable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i forgot to post my chart.
[attachment=25423]
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty good chart, it looks like the therapy should be helping. Did you feel like you rested?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2020, 07:00 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Pretty good chart, it looks like the therapy should be helping. Did you feel like you rested?

Actually I went back to sleep.  My septum was hurting a little bit.  The cushions are better than the pillows but still hurt a little. I think I’ll try the same mask again.  Before trying my other one. I just want my sore spot on my bridge if my nose to get better.   It’s like the dreamwisp is infecting the pores.  I stayed awake all day though so I did get real sleep.  Talk to you later. Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sounds like it's improving. Best to ya
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bummed
I Know you told me to not look at my data but i cant help it. with trying new masks ect i wanna see whats going on. This Dreamwear nasal cuhion makes my septum hurt. i can wear it all night but i am aware that its hurting. not near as bad as the pillows though.
I havent had rera's since starting on the resmed machine now i have two. no hypops yesterday now i have 9 total. surely changing my setting from 10 min to 10.6 wouldnt cause that? the only other thing ive done is turn off climate hose and humidity. i do have a slight headache. 
 it seemed like I was under 1 ahi alot now i am hitting almost two. is there anything i can do or is this just normal with apnea.. badnights and good nights? makes me wanna give up. thoughts appreciated. Doug

[attachment=25467][attachment=25468]
Post Reply Post Reply
The way your H events were clustered in the closeup and the presence of flow limitations makes me think you got into a position that restricted your airway. The machine increased pressure as expected. I don't think this is a settings issue, rather you may see some nights are better than others. The particular cluster you showed, was very shortly after a therapy break and may or may not be sleep onset related.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2020, 09:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The way your H events were clustered in the closeup and the presence of flow limitations makes me think you got into a position that restricted your airway. The machine increased pressure as expected.  I don't think this is a settings issue, rather you may see some nights are better than others.  The particular cluster you showed, was very shortly after a therapy break and may or may not be sleep onset related.
Thank you for the reply.  I see my primary care physician today.  Going to ask her about why the dreamwisp breaks the bridge of my nose out and maybe she’ll have a solution.  
 I have an airfit p30i which is pillows that I hate but a bought an airfit n30i nosepiece cushion.   They interchange. Might try it tonight.  Just want a comfortable mask.   
  I love the dreamwisp and my Airfit N20 but both break the bridge of my nose out.  I’ve been putting just a bandaid there but might try using neosporin also.   I take a bath before bed so my face is clean and I clean my mask daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
good morning. finally got a good nights sleep. lots of dreams. I was wondering though why on all my clear airways the machine keeps the pressure at the minimum? i wore my dreamwisp last night. ty Doug

[attachment=25499]
Post Reply Post Reply
The Autoset program is designed to reduce pressure for CA and to increase pressure for obstructive flow limitation, hypopnea and OA. This is true of all APAP programs I know of with detection of apnea type.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 220 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 66 1,048 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 370 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 72 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,354 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,585 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.