Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
How about zooming in on the flow graph to about 4 minutes so we can see the shape of the curve?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 09:14 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: How about zooming in on the flow graph to about 4 minutes so we can see the shape of the curve?

[attachment=25682] like this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 09:25 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:14 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: How about zooming in on the flow graph to about 4 minutes so we can see the shape of the curve?

like this?

or this [attachment=25683]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing flat tops on many of those breaths fo they are flow limited. I don't see a cause in the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 10:18 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'm seeing flat tops on many of those breaths fo they are flow limited.  I don't see a cause in the charts.

Flat tops mean flow limited? What’s that mean? It scares me that no one can explain what’s going on. My suggestion was nose buried into pillow? There’s only one vent on the airlift n20.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, like the second one.

My first impression is that this looks like normal breathing, with inhalations partly blocked (thus, flat tops on the graph) by flow limitations.  You seem to have an almost steady flow limitation during this time.  A flow limitation suggests a partial airflow restriction or the beginning of airway collapse, though not enough to be a hypopnea.  It could be caused by your position; if your neck is bent you could be restricting something in your airflow.

I don't think partial blocking the vent would have this result.  I think partial blocking would cause an arousal.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 11:26 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Yes, like the second one.

My first impression is that this looks like normal breathing, with inhalations partly blocked (thus, flat tops on the graph) by flow limitations.  You seem to have an almost steady flow limitation during this time.  A flow limitation suggests a partial airflow restriction or the beginning of airway collapse, though not enough to be a hypopnea.  It could be caused by your position; if your neck is bent you could be restricting something in your airflow.

I don't think partial blocking the vent would have this result.  I think partial blocking would cause an arousal.
So pretty strange? I hope some more people give their opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really strange. I see the same patterns occasionally in my wife's OSCAR results. The only way to really confirm the cause would be an overnight video and comparing the video timestamp with the OSCAR graphs.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 02:08 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Not really strange. I see the same patterns occasionally in my wife's OSCAR results. The only way to really confirm the cause would be an overnight video and comparing the video timestamp with the OSCAR graphs.

Do you have a suspicion?
Post Reply Post Reply
We might, only might be able to see something if you can post the start of this series of flow limits. One issue I have seen at times is if there is a long series of flow limits the machine 'thinks' this is normal. I understand that this is because a moving average is used in the calculation. Ask yourself, how does the machine determine 'my' normal, not yours but mine. What's the difference? Likey the difference in that moving average.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.