Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
(08-16-2020, 04:11 PM)bonjour Wrote: We might, only might be able to see something if you can post the start of this series of flow limits.  One issue I have seen at times is if there is a long series of flow limits the machine 'thinks' this is normal.  I understand that this is because a moving average is used in the calculation.  Ask yourself, how does the machine determine 'my' normal, not yours but mine.  What's the difference?  Likey the difference in that moving average.

I got you 3 shots just before and during and it ends with a OA.
[attachment=25700]
[attachment=25701]
[attachment=25702]
Post Reply Post Reply
Doug, when you are concerned about flow, use the advanced view so we can see if tidal volume and minute vent are actually lower, or if it is simply a period of flow limitation. This looks more like expiratory flow limitation. Were you congested?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 06:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, when you are concerned about flow, use the advanced view so we can see if tidal volume and minute vent are actually lower, or if it is simply a period of flow limitation.  This looks more like expiratory flow limitation.  Were you congested?

I believe my left nostril was congested.  I kept wondering if the cloth got in front of my nostril.  That’s the side that don’t flow well anyways because of my septum.  So next time show advanced view? Blow it off this time till it happens again? Thank you for helping.  Let me know if you wanna see advanced.  Otherwise it may never happened again.  Talk to you later. Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it's worth chasing. During allergy season I sometimes get a similar effect when my nose clamps shut on exhale. Time for Flonase.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
one event.
my resmed says 0.0 events per hour this morning. is my machine working? the chart shows one ca. is it real? its so strange that i am being serious. how do i know that the machine is working? ty you all for your help. pretty stoked. i feel wide awake.
[attachment=25713][attachment=25714]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure where you see 0.0.

The AHI is 0.10 which corresponds with the graph... one CA. It appears your machine is working perfectly.

You still have what appears to be mask leaks probably from movement, but everything else looks good. You state you are feeling good, so learn to trust your machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 07:50 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm not sure where you see 0.0.

The AHI is 0.10 which corresponds with the graph... one CA.  It appears your machine is working perfectly.

You still have what appears to be mask leaks probably from movement, but everything else looks good.  You state you are feeling good, so learn to trust your machine.

My resmed Airsense 10 says 0.0 ahi per hour on the screen.   
Just saying.  No biggie to me.  I just wanna know if the ca is real.  What should the leak graph say with no leaks? Does it account for mask vents? Why is the leak graph below 0 sometimes? I don’t understand the leaks.  I do not feel a leak.  Some of that had to be intentional leak? But then there’s the part that’s below zero.   Confused.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 08:19 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 07:50 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm not sure where you see 0.0.

The AHI is 0.10 which corresponds with the graph... one CA.  It appears your machine is working perfectly.

You still have what appears to be mask leaks probably from movement, but everything else looks good.  You state you are feeling good, so learn to trust your machine.

My resmed Airsense 10 says 0.0 ahi per hour on the screen.   
Just saying.  No biggie to me.  I just wanna know if the ca is real.  What should the leak graph say with no leaks? Does it account for mask vents? Why is the leak graph below 0 sometimes? I don’t understand the leaks.  I do not feel a leak.  Some of that had to be intentional leak? But then there’s the part that’s below zero.   Confused.

This is where I see 0.0.  With the weirdness that happened yesterday.  Now the machine saying 0.0 ahi I can’t help but wonder if it’s malfunctioning. 
 I’d still like to know if the ca looks real.  Looks fake to me.  But I don’t trust me.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR only reports what's written to the SD card by your machine, the events are averaged by the number of hours slept.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=25713

As far as being real...  it occurred at aprox. 1:45, it could have been just you holding your breath.  It's hard to say.  Either way, great results.  

The spikes in your leak rate graph usually point to mask movement, probably not something you notice in your sleep.  Not really anything to worry over, as it's not affecting your therapy.

If you want to learn more about leaks, read this:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Head#Leaks
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 08:35 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: This is where I see 0.0.  With the weirdness that happened yesterday.  Now the machine saying 0.0 ahi I can’t help but wonder if it’s malfunctioning. 
I’d still like to know if the ca looks real.  Looks fake to me.  But I don’t trust me.

Probably a rounding error in the CPAP machine.  ResMed records session duration to the minute in its summary, while OSCAR calculates session duration to the second using the actual flow data.  Now divide the total number of events (one) by elapsed time of 10:01 (according to the screen) and you get 0.0, but divide it by the 9:59 elapsed time of the actual data according to OSCAR and you get 0.10. (OSCAR also reports AHI with two decimal digits instead of the one that the screen shows.)
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 8 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.