Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread]
Doug,

Looking at your leak line from the last graph you posted you only went over 24 l/m for a short period of time (Just over 1.5% of your therapy time) its not enough to be concerned about (easy for me to say)  your doing great. It is very easy to get obsessed with the data and try an tweak and control everything that is not possible to do our sleep varies from night to night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 11:31 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: My opinion only but I think you may be suffering from data overload. I'd rely upon the data from OSCAR and forget the machine data. OSCAR has so much more detail to help with the therapy. If you show an OSCAR like a recent one that says AHI of 0.10 and the rest of the data seem within a good range and that you say you're well rested, then congratulations you've received good therapy via your ResMed. Great job at making your therapy worthwhile. Now go enjoy life and don't look at the charts unless you feel the therapy goes bad on you. If it trends good like we see now, there's really no reason to keep staring at the charts.

One final thought, perfect scores cost something and they are not required for good therapy to pay off. If you strive for perfect OSCAR charts, you probably will not feel any better for it than this 0.10 chart. And in all likelihood it will cost in lost comfort.

I already don’t feel good.  Ive been being optimistic.   I am very sleepy every afternoon.   I sleep 12-13 hours.  I don’t think that’s normal.  I think I have a serous medical problem that hasn’t been found yet.  Headaches everyday isn’t normal. I am definitely in severe depression.   I am alone 24:7  life has no meaning to me.  I’ve been considering packing the resmed up.  I don’t feel any better and been going through all the pain ,discomfort and the sores.  Miserable. Thank you to all who’ve tried.  Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
good morning. is this a mouth leak? only 7 small leaks were detected 1 leak flagged. this part in question wasnt mentioned as a leak. ty. Doug

[attachment=25750][attachment=25751][attachment=25752]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good as always. Your slightly elevated baseline for leak may be due to the use of the liners, but it's nothing to worry about.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2020, 07:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks very good as always.  Your slightly elevated baseline for leak may be due to the use of the liners, but it's nothing to worry about.

Wow.  Surprised.  I took the mask cover off last night.   Figured I’d have zero leaks.  Thank you Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
good morning. wearing my mask now without bandaids.remzzz ect. feels comfortable. should i still be working with mask adjustment to get less leaks? or are my leaks acceptable? my mask is pretty loose. 
  is this hypopnea real? i see a leak followed by a flow limitation and slightly shallower breathing. doesnt seem abnormal to me. what do u see? ty Doug

[attachment=25846][attachment=25845]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2020, 08:27 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: good morning. wearing my mask now without bandaids.remzzz ect. feels comfortable. should i still be working with mask adjustment to get less leaks? or are my leaks acceptable? my mask is pretty loose. 
  is this hypopnea real? i see a leak followed by a flow limitation and slightly shallower breathing. doesnt seem abnormal to me. what do u see? ty Doug

So I guess I asked a dumb question.   I’d like to know what my leak graph should read assuming machine pressure is 14 and I have a perfect mask seal.   I’ve read a lot of articles but just can’t seem to understand this one.  I wore a chinstrap last night and the flat topped leaks are gone.  Barely reached 23 once for 2 seconds.  
[attachment=25891]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2020, 11:14 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 07:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks very good as always.  Your slightly elevated baseline for leak may be due to the use of the liners, but it's nothing to worry about.

Wow.  Surprised.  I took the mask cover off last night.   Figured I’d have zero leaks.  Thank you Doug.

Being diligent like yourself  your therapy has done well for you, looks like your coaches did a excellent job helping you along the journey. 
Take care and you will feel better as time goes on IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2020, 02:01 PM)Dugy40 Wrote: So I guess I asked a dumb question.   I’d like to know what my leak graph should read assuming machine pressure is 14 and I have a perfect mask seal.   I’ve read a lot of articles but just can’t seem to understand this one.  I wore a chinstrap last night and the flat topped leaks are gone.  Barely reached 23 once for 2 seconds. 

There are no dumb questions!  A perfect leak rate is not worth striving for.  A "perfect" leak rate on a Resmed machine would be zero.  But that's not practical.  My pressure only goes to a little over 10, so my leak rates are probably not too relevant to you, but here are some selected leak rate graphs for this month.  I have had a string of bad days where the leak rate was over the red line more than half the time.

As long as you are not having large leaks a lot of the time, your machine will be handling your therapy as designed.  

My best leak rates were with the P10 mask, provided I avoided mouth breathing.  I get higher leak rates with full face masks -- they have more places to leak.

Here are some recent samples, which I consider to be good. These are with an F30 full-face mask.

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your leak rates are fine you rarely went over 24 (which is large leak) a couple of times you open end you mouth or stuck a finger under your mask to scratch and the leak rate went high but not a problem for those few seconds
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,254 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 866 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 581 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 484 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 542 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.