Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dumb Question of effect of Cpap on NON OSA
RE: Dumb Question of effect of Cpap on NON OSA
(03-13-2015, 08:55 PM)Daso Wrote: Anyway, the comment he made was that "why is it that almost all people who go to a sleep lab get diagnosed with sleep apnea"....

I think that I understand his comment. I had the same sort of reaction to events leading up to my original polysomnography. I was told, initially, that for the first half of the night they would analyze my sleep and then if I needed it, they would put me on CPAP and try it out. When they were explaining the process to me just before being hooked up the tech said that the first half would be analysis and the second half would be CPAP. Not if I needed it but that it would be. I was rather irritated at feeling like I was being jerked around so when I got home I called my PCP and told him that it sounded like the whole testing sounded bogus and that were prescribing CPAP regardless just to line their pockets. My doctor told me that was why they did not acquire CPAP equipment from the same company that did the testing. That made me feel better and it did happen that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dumb Question of effect of Cpap on NON OSA
(03-14-2015, 07:01 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(03-13-2015, 08:55 PM)Daso Wrote: Anyway, the comment he made was that "why is it that almost all people who go to a sleep lab get diagnosed with sleep apnea"....

I think that I understand his comment. I had the same sort of reaction to events leading up to my original polysomnography. I was told, initially, that for the first half of the night they would analyze my sleep and then if I needed it, they would put me on CPAP and try it out. When they were explaining the process to me just before being hooked up the tech said that the first half would be analysis and the second half would be CPAP. Not if I needed it but that it would be. I was rather irritated at feeling like I was being jerked around so when I got home I called my PCP and told him that it sounded like the whole testing sounded bogus and that were prescribing CPAP regardless just to line their pockets. My doctor told me that was why they did not acquire CPAP equipment from the same company that did the testing. That made me feel better and it did happen that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

That is exactly why I'm going to pay for an independent 12 channel home study. Worth paying the $500 to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,010 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 336 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 317 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 522 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 1,036 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 685 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Severe central apnea as side effect of Brilinta Remfan 9 1,681 06-02-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Ivy woods

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.