Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Dumb Question of effect of Cpap on NON OSA
(03-13-2015 08:55 PM)Daso Wrote:  Anyway, the comment he made was that "why is it that almost all people who go to a sleep lab get diagnosed with sleep apnea"....

I think that I understand his comment. I had the same sort of reaction to events leading up to my original polysomnography. I was told, initially, that for the first half of the night they would analyze my sleep and then if I needed it, they would put me on CPAP and try it out. When they were explaining the process to me just before being hooked up the tech said that the first half would be analysis and the second half would be CPAP. Not if I needed it but that it would be. I was rather irritated at feeling like I was being jerked around so when I got home I called my PCP and told him that it sounded like the whole testing sounded bogus and that were prescribing CPAP regardless just to line their pockets. My doctor told me that was why they did not acquire CPAP equipment from the same company that did the testing. That made me feel better and it did happen that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
03-14-2015 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Daso Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift FX
Humidifier: 5I
CPAP Pressure: Unsure
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Dumb Question of effect of Cpap on NON OSA
(03-14-2015 07:01 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  
(03-13-2015 08:55 PM)Daso Wrote:  Anyway, the comment he made was that "why is it that almost all people who go to a sleep lab get diagnosed with sleep apnea"....

I think that I understand his comment. I had the same sort of reaction to events leading up to my original polysomnography. I was told, initially, that for the first half of the night they would analyze my sleep and then if I needed it, they would put me on CPAP and try it out. When they were explaining the process to me just before being hooked up the tech said that the first half would be analysis and the second half would be CPAP. Not if I needed it but that it would be. I was rather irritated at feeling like I was being jerked around so when I got home I called my PCP and told him that it sounded like the whole testing sounded bogus and that were prescribing CPAP regardless just to line their pockets. My doctor told me that was why they did not acquire CPAP equipment from the same company that did the testing. That made me feel better and it did happen that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

That is exactly why I'm going to pay for an independent 12 channel home study. Worth paying the $500 to me.
03-16-2015 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question using PayPal to buy cpap from craigslist Lanco 19 933 10-19-2016 10:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose Violetskyye 14 825 10-08-2016 11:15 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  CPAP newbie question: Is it useful to visit a neurologist for hypopneas? Snurkel 18 951 07-25-2016 09:04 PM
Last Post: richb
  Mild Pulsing Effect on Exhale holden4th 4 668 05-19-2016 03:33 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Equipment] CPAP hose question Annahms33 14 1,011 04-22-2016 12:38 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  [Equipment] New Cpap user question Annahms33 13 938 04-21-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  New/old CPAP user question about elevation change hozholla 4 632 03-18-2016 07:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2