Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dummy Doc—ST versus ASV
RE: Dummy Doc—ST versus ASV
Nice concept to script for the right tool for the right fix. Some docs do and some don't/won't. Some are real doctors and earn the respect of the patient by actually helping the patient. Others er, well don't fit the above description as well. Not all are good nor are all bad. There are a lot of in-between types too. Tune in next time as we discuss docs, ducks, the Insurance Shuffle (new take on old song & dance) and boat payments...have a good weekend.

Dave
Coffee Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2017, 04:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 10:04 AM)Phill Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 09:14 AM)rmclendon Wrote: Care ends when the office door closes behind me until I enter the office for my next appointment. No follow-up. No explanation of Sleep Study results, just an Rx for new machine.

My one told me to falsify my data so that I could reach the four hour sleep requirement for compliance!

And we are suppose to place our lives into the hands of these people.

I think a doctor trying to advocate for the patient is a pretty refreshing idea.  Whatever it takes, there is a bigger common enemy, insurance and the policies that stand in the way of direct care and recommending the right solutions without all the B.S.

SHa_clap2
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I am not a doc and I don't play one on TV. I am a very happy patient wotj a new doc and a new ASV machine. After four days with the ASV my numbers have been:
100 with 0.1 (Hypopnea)
99 with 0.3 (Hypopnea)
99 with 0.1 (Hypopnea)
100 with 0.0 Smile

I am loving it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done, you have to be happy with that. Are you going to post a chart for us all to admire Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I will post a chart just as soon as I figure out how. Today's stats went sideways with a 99% and 0.6 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume the percentages you're quoting are from Myair? You'll get much better detail from #SleepyHead.

An AHI of 0.6 is still exceptionally good. Don't forget that "normal" non-apneac people will experience a few apneas or hypopneas in a night, so your treatment is working very well indeed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV versus VAuto (card-to-cloud) 00derek 4 766 07-22-2023, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Dreamstation 2 and the 12 mm tubing versus 15 mm? OneSnorer 1 1,248 04-21-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  AHI versus "mean apnea–hypopnea duration" (MAD) Henrikc 1 527 03-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Leak rate of Aircurve 10 VAUTO versus Phillips Bipap Mersim85 4 1,052 11-29-2021, 10:49 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Difference between aircurve 10 asv versus aircurve 10 cs pacewave? AFAFAF 3 1,285 11-24-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: GrumpyHere
  What gives? Aircurve 10 ASV versus CS Pacewave coldfeet7 4 1,163 07-16-2021, 08:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.