Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Duration Resmed battery Power Station II
Duration Resmed battery Power Station II
7 years ago my wonderful technician gave me a Resmed Power Station II battery as there were then lots of local power cuts. But, good luck, none happened overnight so I never needed to use it. I charge the battery every month but that seems always a little unnecessary as it retains 4/5 charge over a month anyway. 
So, last night - a power cut overnight. To my surprise the fully-charged battery was flat after just 2 hours. I do have high pressures & I need warmed hose & humidifier as I have Sjögren's auto-immune disease which dries out my respiratory tubes.
Resmed info says Power Station lasts "12-14 hours".
Has the Power Station run its life out at 7 years (despite seeming to retain it's charge well) & I should replace it with a new one or are my demands on it so high that its one-sixth stated duration last night is to be expected? And if the latter, which other marque (for home/hotel use only, no off-grid) would you recommend (available in Europe) please? 
France runs on 220. I am not at all electro savvy so complex DIY battery set-ups with transformers/clips etc etc probably won't suit me!
Thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Duration Resmed battery Power Station II
It doesn't sound like you use the battery backup much, and if you don't travel much, I would consider something like one of these as a UPS backup for your bedside. Since you use humidity and a heated tube you are most likely pulling about 145 Watts of power or so. One of these models should power your CPAP for about 7 or 8 hours and they have replaceable batteries.

Do an Internet search for a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) similar to the Tripp Lite SMART1500PSGLCD.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Duration Resmed battery Power Station II
Thank you for the advice
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 123 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 307 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,770 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,904 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,038 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,008 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.