Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dust in Airsense 11
Dust in Airsense 11
Howdy folks,

I'm a new CPAP user, got an Airsense 11 back in August. I noticed that I had the feeling of having dust in my sinuses in the morning recently and it dawned on me... I completely forgot to change out the air filter. Needless to say, it was very dusty and there are visible indication of dust having migrated to the air intake past the filter. I have new filters now, so that problem is resolved, but my question is, do I need to perform any kind of additional cleaning on the device to address dust ingress? I've cleaned the accessible section around the filter and air intake and I've run the device for several minutes (mask fit mode) to let air blow through the machine.

Any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dust in Airsense 11
Hi Nuke11!  -  Welcome
You have covered all your bases, so there isn't anything I can recommend.  I hope your situation improves.

One thing to consider; If you have your AS11 on or near the floor, the first 24 inches (61cm) has the dirtiest air in the room.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dust in Airsense 11
Thanks for the response, hopefully it clears up with time now that I have new filters. It's on the nightstand, so it's above the dust zone I guess you could say. But way too long without a filter change!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,487 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,408 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.