Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

E​xcellent CPAP prices in Australia
Money 
Hi,

I am not affiliated whatsoever to this site, I hope it is the right place to post it. Huhsign
I have noticed (too late for me) that a place called ​the The CPAP clinic, with stores in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, sells the machines for around $400 cheaper (Dreamstation) and the masks around $40 (Dreamwear) cheaper than CpapAustralia.

I don't know about their service standard, as I dealt with CpapAustralia which is ​exceptional. That said, you can still go to CpapAustralia with a print of the CpapClinic prices, they will match the price.

Apologies if I was not supposed to write that here.
Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also seen a slight drop in local prices on my last visit to the sleep doctor in November but I suspect it was because they now sell/distribute a new Reswell machine from China which is considerably cheaper than other brands here in Oz.
The whole medical/sleep medicine caper is still slugging us locally on equipment and supplies though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't bought any stuff locally for a long time, prices too high for my liking
Supplier #2 and #10 are recommended and they ship outside US
Anyone who can claim some rebate from their private insurance, might considering buying the machine locally
Post Reply Post Reply

Zonk is right - medical insurance funds will give you a small rebate ($300 - 750) but only once in five years. Apnea is not sexy. Medibank Private pays out more for "alternative therapies" including homeopathy which has no medical benefit whatever.

Resmed have been hauled before the ACCC on at least one occasion, but it's my understanding that they now have an exemption from the normal rules on retail price maintenance. Hence they can lean on resellers to keep the price artificially high.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought both my machines from the US, one from supplier number 2 and one from supplier 29, both great to deal with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I considered buying from US suppliers, but the exchange rate, delivery and the need for a presecription from a US Medical Practioner brought the cost to more than I could buy a discounted machine here. I bought a new machine from a supplier not on the list which offered a very substantial discount. I have since come across another unlisted supplier with similarly discounted prices. But for the availability of such discounts a purchase from the US may well have been my choice.
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-04-2017, 07:32 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Resmed have been hauled before the ACCC on at least one occasion, but it's my understanding that they now have an exemption from the normal rules on retail price maintenance. Hence they can lean on resellers to keep the price artificially high.

I could only find this in 2010:

ACCC Court Enforceable Undertaking

One would presume that Resmed is complying with its undertaking. I haven't followed the effect on prices since, if any.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: I bought a new machine from a supplier not on the list which offered a very substantial discount.

Can you tell us who that was, Darryl? (It's OK to post the name, but not a link. eg you can post Dirtcheap CPAP Pty Ltd, but not DirtcheapCPAP.com.au).
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@DeepBreathing. I bought from NSW CPAP in Bondi Junction. I believe they also have a store in Parramatta. I actually came across them through an ad they had placed on Gumtree for a new F&P Icon Auto. On viisting them I actually mentioned the price in the Ad. They do have a website.

I have just moved interstate and came across a supplier in Bundall Qld who had the F&P for a similar price. I bought my Amara View mask there for about $220. I can't recall the name off the top of my head.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks

Thanks Darryl

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Post Reply Post Reply