Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

E​xcellent CPAP prices in Australia
always buy your mask stuff from ebay.

American patients get "free" cpap disposables (masks, filters etc) through insurance and end up with spares that they list on ebay dirt cheap and ship to Australia. They cannot resell in the US for legal reasons

you can get masks for well under $200 after shipping and exchange rates
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 04:27 AM)lab rat Wrote: always buy your mask stuff from ebay.

American patients get "free" cpap disposables (masks, filters etc) through insurance and end up with spares that they list on ebay dirt cheap and ship to Australia. They cannot resell in the US for legal reasons

you can get masks for well under $200 after shipping and exchange rates

Thanks for the advice. I will bear this in mind for the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, CPAP Australia sells a 12 pack of Airsense10 disposable *hypoallergenic* filters.

I buy one a year and change the filter every 4-6 weeks

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-11-2017, 05:31 AM)lab rat Wrote: Also, CPAP Australia sells a 12 pack of Airsense10 disposable *hypoallergenic* filters.

I bought filters from them too and some other items including S8 power cords to use with the S9 and A10 overseas version power bricks
BTW, they're ResMed owned, been bought a while back

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 07:47 PM)Darryl44 Wrote: @DeepBreathing. I bought from NSW CPAP in Bondi Junction. I believe they also have a store in Parramatta. I actually came across them through an ad they had placed on Gumtree for a new F&P Icon Auto. On viisting them I actually mentioned the price in the Ad. They do have a website.
Google come up with NSW CPAP 1300 41 41 90, they have branches in the above mentioned locations

As far ResMed machines goes, their prices isn't any cheaper from somewhere else but this has caught my eyes, but only apply to two machines ... PRS1 Pro and Transcend CPAP
$0 CPAP Machines
You can now buy any of these CPAP devices and nothing... if you have relevant private health insurance! Call us to find out more, it's very easy and we help you every step of the way. *The average private health insurance payout for these devices is around $720, great news that all these machines fall well into that bracket. The process is very simple... 1. Buy your machine with us 2. We will provide you with the required paperwork ready to give to your health insurance provider 3. Give the paper work to your health insurer who will rebate you directly

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:The average private health insurance payout for these devices is around $720

I'm obviously with the wrong fund. MBF offer $300 (down from $500 a few years ago). Others I've seen offer $500. BUPA offer 85% of the cost up to a yearly limit which includes a basket of other devices, once per two years. This seems to be the best around.

Regardless, advertising these as $0 machines is really stretching things a bit.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

@zonk. Interesting. I don't think anywhere in Australia is really cheap. I did find that I could buy my machine from them a little cheaper than I could import one from the US. I don't have my exact calculations any more, but they were selling the F&P Icon Auto at a significant discount which they advertised on Gumtree at the time. From memory I took off the Australian price a rebate of about $500 from my health fund. Also, I added to the US price the cost of obtaining a US script.

Australian CPAP prices do seem to be very high, but there are some good deals around from time to time. I think the worst thing anyone can do is go straight from a sleep study to an associated recommended supplier without shopping around. Even if you don't want to buy overseas, there is often a big disparity between local prices. It is worth getting on the net and shopping around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which is why, as a newbie, you rent for the first few months to see if xPAP is for you.

My experience is if you want a machine at a good price then get it from the US. My brand new Respironics machine cost me less than $700 to import from the US and that included p&h. The Aussie equivalent price would have been two and a half times that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 05:31 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:47 PM)Darryl44 Wrote: @DeepBreathing. I bought from NSW CPAP in Bondi Junction. I believe they also have a store in Parramatta. I actually came across them through an ad they had placed on Gumtree for a new F&P Icon Auto. On viisting them I actually mentioned the price in the Ad. They do have a website.
Google come up with NSW CPAP 1300 41 41 90, they have branches in the above mentioned locations

As far ResMed machines goes, their prices isn't any cheaper from somewhere else but this has caught my eyes, but only apply to two machines ... PRS1 Pro and Transcend CPAP
$0 CPAP Machines
You can now buy any of these CPAP devices and nothing... if you have relevant private health insurance! Call us to find out more, it's very easy and we help you every step of the way. *The average private health insurance payout for these devices is around $720, great news that all these machines fall well into that bracket. The process is very simple... 1. Buy your machine with us 2. We will provide you with the required paperwork ready to give to your health insurance provider 3. Give the paper work to your health insurer who will rebate you directly

I'm with an "old" HCF extras policy and I can get $500 max on CPAP
(the new ones only offer $250)
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-11-2017, 05:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 05:31 AM)lab rat Wrote: Also, CPAP Australia sells a 12 pack of Airsense10 disposable *hypoallergenic* filters.

I bought filters from them too and some other items including S8 power cords to use with the S9 and A10 overseas version power bricks
BTW, they're ResMed owned, been bought a while back

do u have a link to the article? I can't find anything. Strange they'd own clinics that sell competitors products
Post Reply Post Reply