Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

E​xcellent CPAP prices in Australia
(01-12-2017, 05:32 AM)lab rat Wrote: do u have a link to the article? I can't find anything. Strange they'd own clinics that sell competitors products
Actually wasn't from an article, but from invoice sent to me and it contain a reference to the acquisition by ResMed
This is from Supplier #13, Term of use ... top of the page
First go to "About Us" ... bottom of the page, click on this one "Terms and conditions apply. See here for details"

1. Scope
A. In these Terms, "you" refers to the person using this Website. The terms "we," "our," "us" and "CPAP Australia" collectively refer to Sleep and Breathing Solutions Pty Ltd trading as CPAP Australia (ACN 601089883), 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive Bella Vista, NSW 2153.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 04:27 AM)Klab rat Wrote: always buy your mask stuff from ebay.

American patients get "free" cpap disposables (masks, filters etc) through insurance and end up with spares that they list on ebay dirt cheap and ship to Australia. They cannot resell in the US for legal reasons

you can get masks for well under $200 after shipping and exchange rates
Great advice, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 11:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:The average private health insurance payout for these devices is around $720

I'm obviously with the wrong fund. MBF offer $300 (down from $500 a few years ago). Others I've seen offer $500. BUPA offer 85% of the cost up to a yearly limit which includes a basket of other devices, once per two years. This seems to be the best around.

Regardless, advertising these as $0 machines is really stretching things a bit.

Teachers Health gives $800 max. Has to be a new machine, bought in Australia, does not cover the mask. You can apply to THF if you have once upon a time been in a teacher's union or if you have a close relative in it. They are excellent for all alternative medecines if you go for Top Extras, which is stand alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Australia Day zonk 7 318 01-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred