Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

E​xcellent CPAP prices in Australia
(01-12-2017, 05:32 AM)lab rat Wrote: do u have a link to the article? I can't find anything. Strange they'd own clinics that sell competitors products
Actually wasn't from an article, but from invoice sent to me and it contain a reference to the acquisition by ResMed
This is from Supplier #13, Term of use ... top of the page
First go to "About Us" ... bottom of the page, click on this one "Terms and conditions apply. See here for details"

1. Scope
A. In these Terms, "you" refers to the person using this Website. The terms "we," "our," "us" and "CPAP Australia" collectively refer to Sleep and Breathing Solutions Pty Ltd trading as CPAP Australia (ACN 601089883), 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive Bella Vista, NSW 2153.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 04:27 AM)Klab rat Wrote: always buy your mask stuff from ebay.

American patients get "free" cpap disposables (masks, filters etc) through insurance and end up with spares that they list on ebay dirt cheap and ship to Australia. They cannot resell in the US for legal reasons

you can get masks for well under $200 after shipping and exchange rates
Great advice, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 11:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:The average private health insurance payout for these devices is around $720

I'm obviously with the wrong fund. MBF offer $300 (down from $500 a few years ago). Others I've seen offer $500. BUPA offer 85% of the cost up to a yearly limit which includes a basket of other devices, once per two years. This seems to be the best around.

Regardless, advertising these as $0 machines is really stretching things a bit.

Teachers Health gives $800 max. Has to be a new machine, bought in Australia, does not cover the mask. You can apply to THF if you have once upon a time been in a teacher's union or if you have a close relative in it. They are excellent for all alternative medecines if you go for Top Extras, which is stand alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi All,

Yesterday I purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset packaged with a dreamwear mask from Mycpap.  Total cost including up to 5 year warranty was $2100 AUD.  This inculded free postage to my house (they will post if you are experienced enough to set it up yourself).  This was the best deal I could find, and was nearly $1000 cheaper than what my local DME would do it for in my town.  The local DME wanted $2578 for the machine + 290 for the Mask + 150 for the extended warranty (and on and on).  I was staggered by the price difference and they were $250 cheaper then any other website I could find.  I believe they operate physical stores in NSW as well.  So far the service has been excellence and the ordering process was dead easy. I believe once I get my refund from my health insurance I wll be ahead of even buying in the U.S once factoring in FX rates and shipping.  

i will give an updated on the service levels once the machine arrives.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2017, 12:00 AM)KijabeKid Wrote: Hi All,

Yesterday I purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset packaged with a dreamwear mask from Mycpap.  Total cost including up to 5 year warranty was $2100 AUD.  This inculded free postage to my house (they will post if you are experienced enough to set it up yourself).  This was the best deal I could find, and was nearly $1000 cheaper than what my local DME would do it for in my town.  The local DME wanted $2578 for the machine + 290 for the Mask + 150 for the extended warranty (and on and on).  I was staggered by the price difference and they were $250 cheaper then any other website I could find.  I believe they operate physical stores in NSW as well.  So far the service has been excellence and the ordering process was dead easy. I believe once I get my refund from my health insurance I wll be ahead of even buying in the U.S once factoring in FX rates and shipping.  

i will give an updated on the service levels once the machine arrives.

You did well in avoiding buying from a DME here in Australia and from the look of it the price you got is commensurate with a number of Aussie online stores.

I still think that buying from the US is the cheapest way to go but I do understand that if something goes wrong then it's a long way to send it back. This happened to me but I kept my loaner machine (from a DME) so I was not inconvenienced and the replacement machine is working well. I've just purchased a backup machine used from Supplier #2. The price is excellent.
Post Reply Post Reply
You bet, that supplier has some great prices.  I plan to buy all my replacement needs from the U.S. as required.
Post Reply Post Reply

As we travel a lot both in our motorhome here in Oz and occasionally overseas I wanted a machine that could operate directly on 12v, ended up with a Devilbiss Intellipap 2 from supplier  29 and a secondhand Respironics System one machine from supplier 2, both run directly on 12v. I've ended up keeping the Respironics machine at home and the Intellipap stays in the motorhome or is taken when travelling overseas. The Intellipap 2 is not available in Oz from anywhere that I could find and the Respironics machine cost a fraction of what a new one would cost here in Oz.
I've also bought masks from the US both new and used/as new at a fraction of the local cost, consumables like headgear for my Dreamwear mask are still over the top pricewise so my wife made me some neoprene copies which work much better and cost only a couple of dollars plus they can be washed and dried repeatedly
Post Reply Post Reply