Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
RE: [split] EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
(12-02-2019, 07:45 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: A lot better than my solution lol (t-shirt wrapped around tubing). Can you post some close ups of the flow rate where you're not having an event?

Will these do?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #3 Design #5
(12-02-2019, 07:46 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:31 AM)sherwoga Wrote: Tidal Volume is significantly up for this run with the 18-inch EERS.  What does that mean?

My hypothesis is that TV/MV will go up relative to the amount of deadspace. So 18-inches should result in higher TV/MV than 12-inches, which should be higher than 6.

Will see what the graphs look like in the end though!

But this brings up a bigger question: what is an appropriate range of TV/MV, and what is too much?

I don't know; there was some discussion of this on my thread, but no real conclusions.

To avoid ambiguity, I need to ask about your use of the designation "TV/MV".  Is that meant to imply the calculation of the ratio TV over MV or is more simply a way of listing both TV and MV?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #3 Design #5
(12-02-2019, 11:41 AM)sherwoga Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:46 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:31 AM)sherwoga Wrote: Tidal Volume is significantly up for this run with the 18-inch EERS.  What does that mean?

My hypothesis is that TV/MV will go up relative to the amount of deadspace. So 18-inches should result in higher TV/MV than 12-inches, which should be higher than 6.

Will see what the graphs look like in the end though!

But this brings up a bigger question: what is an appropriate range of TV/MV, and what is too much?

I don't know; there was some discussion of this on my thread, but no real conclusions.

To avoid ambiguity, I need to ask about your use of the designation "TV/MV".  Is that meant to imply the calculation of the ratio TV over MV or is more simply a way of listing both TV and MV?

Oh sorry!

No; just meant they're related, as MV is derived from TV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 11:33 AM)sherwoga Wrote: Will these do?

Yes. You have bad flow limitation on these charts. Is that EPR off or EPR 3?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 02:43 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:

This is last nights data.  Dec 1.  EPR was at 3.  Compare the Events graphs in these zooms with the Events graph in Post #7 to 1) confirm my claim that this is last nights data and 2) to see EPR setting in the settings window pain on the left.

I originally entered the wrong date on the post this morning (#7).  I did try to correct it in Post #10. I can't edit a post, but I issued the correction in Post #10.  If that wrong date entry/correction is causing confusion, I apologize.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 02:43 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:

I suspect in the end sherwoga will want to get a bilevel. 

But the focus here is testing the impact of EERS, which is what might allow him to use, and benefit from, a bilevel at higher PS.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbs-up-2
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
EERS Experiment Data - Seq #4 Design #12
12/02/2019 EPR(Min Pressure),ESSR pair = 0(5),0 Sequence #4 Design #12

Note:  This is a replication (repeat) of the conditions used two nights ago on 11/30.  

Including a Zoom (3-minutes at about 2:00 AM) of Events, Flow Rate, AND Respiration Rate graphs OVERLAID on (and beneath) the same graphs for the Full Session.  I note very noisy flow rate patterns during this period of erratic respiration rate.  Any insights?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #4 Design #12
(12-03-2019, 08:42 AM)sherwoga Wrote: 12/02/2019 EPR(Min Pressure),ESSR pair = 0(5),0 Sequence #4 Design #12

Note:  This is a replication (repeat) of the conditions used two nights ago on 11/30.  

Including a Zoom (3-minutes at about 2:00 AM) of Events, Flow Rate, AND Respiration Rate graphs OVERLAID on (and beneath) the same graphs for the Full Session.  I note very noisy flow rate patterns during this period of erratic respiration rate.  Any insights?

Here's an open access research article that is part of what was behind Joey's question. See Table 1, Figure 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS Experiment Data - Seq #4 Design #12
(12-03-2019, 08:52 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 08:42 AM)sherwoga Wrote: 12/02/2019 EPR(Min Pressure),ESSR pair = 0(5),0 Sequence #4 Design #12

Here's an open access research article that is part of what was behind Joey's question. See Table 1, Figure 5.

Thanks I printed the article and read it once, with perhaps 80% comprehension Thinking-about .  I struggled with the medical jargon, the heavy use of acronyms, and the presumption of a working knowledge of the different stages of sleep (a knowledge I don't possess Sad ).  It is written, after all, for medical professionals with expertise in sleep problems.  It will take a couple more readings to understand it better.  

My observation in my post this morning focused on "erratic respiration rate".  I don't think this article, while extremely enlightening, refers directly to respiration rate.  When I reread it, should I be looking for indirect references?

I've overlaid popped out Respiration Rate graphs for 11/30, 12/1, and 12/2.  Graphs for the first and last are for identical settings (EPR 0ff or 0, Min Pressure at 5, and No EESR or 0).  The middle graph is for the setting EPR 3,  Min Pressure at 8, and 18 inches of EESR or 18.  I observe that the middle graph displays a substantially more stable respiration rate than the other two.  Do you concur? Is this the beginning of some understanding of how to treat IFL (inspiratory flow limitation), if indeed this is the cause of my sleepiness? Is there another designed experiment in my future (after this one is completed)?

Tonight's settings will be a replication (repeat) of 12/1. When I randomized my experiment, the order just worked out that way.  It was not done be intention.  Even so, it will be interesting to see if the observation reported here holds up.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 6 1,154 10-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 477 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Can I test myself for sleep apnea? I want to experiment with different approaches HoloPed 4 710 10-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Risks using EERS? SenatorBirch 13 1,167 09-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Fragmented Sleep, FLs, Suspected UARS, REM Related. 5 Months of Optimization + EERS. pineh 10 2,526 08-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Silvia10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.