Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
RE: EERS Experiment Data (sherwoga)
(12-16-2019, 09:21 AM)bonjour Wrote: The SWJ events must be mentioned but I feel that without is valid.  I would include them on your charts in red and footnoted

What's the best way to exclude?

Only those clusters at the end of night when he's certain he was awake?

What about the cluster around 3:30?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way, conduct this experiment while attached to a PSG.
on
12/1 there are 2 (maybe 3) CA events around 1 AM after a short break.
11/30 4 (maybe 5 or 6) events around 0330
11/29 at start and end of the night
12/6 definitely the cluster at the start, the ending is questionable from 320 on (Worst night by far)
12/8 the cluster at the start and likely the clusters at the end, I would call it a CA free night if this wasn't an experiment.
12/9 both clusters at the start and clusters at the end of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:45 AM)bonjour Wrote: The best way, conduct this experiment while attached to a PSG.
on
12/6 definitely the cluster at the start, the ending is questionable from 320 on (Worst night by far)
12/8 the cluster at the start and likely the clusters at the end,  I would call it a CA free night if this wasn't an experiment.
Thank you for taking what must have been a lot of time to look at this data.  I will include a second data analysis output for CA that excludes data as indicated.  

You have no comments beyond 12/9, but data terminates on 12/15.  If you are not using my DATALOG, you can do so using this link:

SD Flash Card

The link is to my dropbox.  Open the link and then double click on the folder, Xfer (short for transfer).  I'm not sure how much you need from that point to see my data within OSCAR, but doing it that way should make your review efforts easier, assuming you aren't already using this source of my data.  Note, that when JoeyWallaby pushed me a little harder to transfer the data to him and I was finally successful, he said he needed my entire SD Flash Card. Putting it in my dropbox that way means my dropbox includes data starting on 11/21.  I ran an extra night on 12/11 to replace 12/6.
You should ignore all the dates from 11/21 to 11/28 and 12/6.
Data in the experiment is from 11/29 to 12/15, excluding 12/6.    

I guess PS in PSG stands for Pressure Support, but I don't know what the G stands for.  Can you clarify?  Sorry! I haven't begun to pick up on all the jargon yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:55 AM)sherwoga Wrote: I guess PS in PSG stands for Pressure Support, but I don't know what the G stands for.  Can you clarify?  Sorry! I haven't begun to pick up on all the jargon yet.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_study

He's just saying if you were hooked up to an EEG the whole time, we'd know for sure when you were awake.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
PSG = PolySomnoGraphy
That means that you are fully wired up.  If a doctor was doing this experiment that is what they would do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:55 AM)sherwoga Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:45 AM)bonjour Wrote: The best way, conduct this experiment while attached to a PSG.
on
12/8 the cluster at the start and likely the clusters at the end,  I would call it a CA free night if this wasn't an experiment.
Thank you for taking what must have been a lot of time to look at this data.  I will include a second data analysis output for CA that excludes data as indicated.  

You have no comments beyond 12/9, but data terminates on 12/15.  If you are not using my DATALOG, you can do so using this link:

SD Flash Card

The link is to my dropbox.  Open the link and then double click on the folder, Xfer (short for transfer).  I'm not sure how much you need from that point to see my data within OSCAR, but doing it that way should make your review efforts easier, assuming you aren't already using this source of my data.  Note, that when JoeyWallaby pushed me a little harder to transfer the data to him and I was finally successful, he said he needed my entire SD Flash Card. Putting it in my dropbox that way means my dropbox includes data starting on 11/21.  I ran an extra night on 12/11 to replace 12/6.
You should ignore all the dates from 11/21 to 11/28 and 12/6.
Data in the experiment is from 11/29 to 12/15, excluding 12/6.    

I guess PS in PSG stands for Pressure Support, but I don't know what the G stands for.  Can you clarify?  Sorry! I haven't begun to pick up on all the jargon yet.
Add 12/15  at he beginning and after 0510
Post Reply Post Reply
EERS Experiment Data - Seq #17 Design #19
12/17/2019 EPR(Min Pressure),EERS pair = 1(6),12 

This is the first night of tests near the center of the designed experiment.  Notice that the EPR was set to only 1 (with minimum pressure at 6) and I used a 12 inch EERS.  

Notice the marked increase in Resp. Rate just before 1:00 and lasting for a bit more than 15 minutes.  Concurrently, the Tidal Volume falls and the Minute Vent. increases.  The Flow Rate patterns get really crazy and there are more Flow Limits.  I've seen this pattern in past data sets but haven't asked about it.   

Am I in a different sleep phase when this happens?
Why does the Resp. Rate flat top at 50? It appears to be limited at that value.
Should I be concerned about this sleep performance?
Post Reply Post Reply
RR count is triggered by crossing the zero line. Do an actual count on the flow rate to validate the number. You should count breaths, not 'bounces'
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2019, 09:49 AM)bonjour Wrote: RR count is triggered by crossing the zero line.  Do an actual count on the flow rate to validate the number. You should count breaths, not 'bounces'

That helps a lot.  It appears that with the flow patterns I'm seeing respiration rate as reported by Oscar is useless.  Counting it manually would be an enormous, laborious task.  I'm seeing the flow pattern cross the zero line as many as four if not five times in a single breath.  And it now occurs to me that breathing even at 50 breaths per minute give "panting" a new meaning.  Is it even possible for a person to breathe that fast let alone at a still higher rate?  Many times my questions leave me with a bit of egg on my face, but your answers are always enlightening.  And I feel as if I continue to learn a lot for this exercise.   

I have begun the data analysis and made significant progress.  Further I am seeking input from the statistics consultant I used while employed.  She worked for the same company and moved out of engineering into a statistics consulting role for the end of her professional career.  Like me she is retired and when I approached her about helping me, she was very interested.  But the holidays are interfering and so progress may be slow for a week or two.  You can, if interested, take a look at what I have shared with her by opening this link to a file in my dropbox.  Some of what you see there may be Greek to you, but any thoughts you have on my commentary about the results might prove useful to me as I proceed with the analysis.
Post Reply Post Reply
EERS Experiment Data - Seq #18 Design #17
12/17/2019 EPR(Min Pressure),EERS pair = 2(7),12 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 6 1,154 10-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 477 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,652 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Can I test myself for sleep apnea? I want to experiment with different approaches HoloPed 4 710 10-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Risks using EERS? SenatorBirch 13 1,170 09-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Fragmented Sleep, FLs, Suspected UARS, REM Related. 5 Months of Optimization + EERS. pineh 10 2,528 08-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Silvia10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.