Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help reading my oscar. Been using my cpap for 2 years and still tired.
Please help reading my oscar. Been using my cpap for 2 years and still tired.
Hello, I am really getting depressed right now, I tried everything, sleeping early, sleep 7 hours a day and take vitamin supplements but I am still tired.

Please kindly help me what pressure is good enough for me.

I use resmed airsense 10.

Pressure 6.4-10 cmH20
Humidity and temperature is set to auto
EPR is off
Response is soft.

I use Dreamwear nasal cushion (Medium cushion size, Medium frame).

70kg asian male (not overweight)

Please help me thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help reading my oscar. Been using my cpap for 2 years and still tired.
Given the variability of obstructive sleep apnea it looks like your pressure range doesn't always control your obstructive events which is the first step.

Do you work an overnight shift or is the clock sync off? Looks like you're going to bed around lunch time.

Have you considered trialing a constant pressure? If so, I'd start with 8cmH20 and see how you feel - it looks like you're probably tired due to respiratory related arousals given the flow data which more pressure can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help reading my oscar. Been using my cpap for 2 years and still tired.
Hi, I work overnight shift. I will try 8cmH2O , is it ok advisable to use epr? I often browse forum but they said epr is not good. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2023, 02:08 PM)Rinko Wrote: Hi, I work overnight shift. I will try 8cmH2O , is it ok advisable to use epr? I often browse forum but they said epr is not good. Thank you.

EPR can be a good tool but it can also add complexity so let's see what your sleep looks like at 8cmH20 with EPR off and we can add variables afterwards if your sleep data suggests it would be helpful.

One other thing to mention is you might try tightening your mask a little more to prevent the mask leak spikes when you presumably change positions. Even small leak spikes can cause micro-awakenings and you'll want to prevent as many of those as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are really good, congrats on that!

One thing that stands out is you are having a lot of micro-arousals (RERA's). You can see it in the "spikies" in your flow rate chart. A bit more pressure as Gainerfull suggested would help. I suggest bumping it up to 8 as he suggested, but also increase the top end from 10 to 12. This gives the machine a bit more room to work.

Your flow limits are not bad, but you may be one of us lucky individuals who have their sleep disturbed by it and the associated pressure increases.If it feels like it is too much, adding some EPR to help with the comfort would not be a bad thing. Maybe start with an EPR of 1 and increase from there if needed. 

Post some charts after you make the changes and give it a few days to settle in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys. I will try 3 days of 8cmh2o cpap fixed and 3 days of 8-12cmh2o apap. I will let you guys know after a week. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 516 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,383 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 161 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 247 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 368 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 148 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 521 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.