Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EERS with N20 mask
EERS with N20 mask
Hello,
I've been diagnosed with OSA and have been on cpap for a few weeks. I'm struggling with constantly waking up and my OSCAR data shows central apnea events around the time I'm waking.  I've done research on this forum and decided to try the EERS set up with the N20 mask to try to help with the central apneas and constant awakenings.

The pic below shows the N20 mask with the EERS modification.  Does anyone know what the "safety valve" or "connector 5913" is referring to or where to get that?  I was able to find the other items easily (whisper swivel valve, corr-a-flex tubing, putty).

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS with N20 mask
Welcome 

I do recommend you post some daily charts on the forum for discussion to see if your central apneas can be resolved by other machine adjustments. If you have just started CPAP therapy, you may be experiencing treatment emergent CAs which usually resolve with time.

To attach a screenshot of a daily chart, see the How to Attach Images Wiki. You cannot post images directly into your post but must use the attachment tool. Or, after you have made four posts, you can link to another URL.

With respect to the N20, the "connector 5913" is a part for connecting an N20 to an AirMini machine. You would not need that with an AirSense 10 machine.

If by "safety valve" you mean the "anti-asphyxia valve," those valves are on full face masks but not on nasal or pillows masks (at least not on any that I know of).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS with N20 mask
The anti-asphyxiation valve is optional on nasal masks, but a vent is still needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 6 1,152 10-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 475 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Risks using EERS? SenatorBirch 13 1,165 09-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Fragmented Sleep, FLs, Suspected UARS, REM Related. 5 Months of Optimization + EERS. pineh 10 2,524 08-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Silvia10
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,752 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.