Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Zero AHI+no graph in Sleepyhead
Zero AHI+no graph in Sleepyhead
I have been using a ResMed S9 since January 14. My AHI readings have been averaging 0.56 for the past 7 days. Last two days the daily average has been zero. I like that number and am not complaining. However I am curious why there is not a graph for those zero nights. Is that normal?
Cheers, Vegaspier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Zero AHI+no graph in Sleepyhead
I don,t use SH
an apnea is scored when there is reduction in breathing for at least 10 seconds
less than 10 seconds are not scored/shown on the graph (AHI reset each hour) but can be picked up if you zoom on the flow graph
flow limitation is partial upper airways obstructions, on Resscan shown by mountain shape. the flatter shape the worst is the obstruction

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2013, 05:31 PM)VegasPier Wrote: However I am curious why there is not a graph for those zero nights. Is that normal?

No, it's not normal. There should be graphs, leak data, and so forth even if
there were no events and a zero AHI.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the card from the machine. Unplug the machine from the wall. Wait a minute. Plug back in. Put the card back in. Wait a minute or so. Then take out the card and see if it now has data. It will have incomplete data but there will be some like AHI and flow rate.

S9s have a habit of doing all zeros.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 252 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 696 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  HELP needed for OSCAR graph analysis for first time user newbieusa 15 1,037 08-29-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: newbieusa
Information [CPAP] Graph data: Need help with interpretation tententen 3 580 06-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tententen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.