Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why?
RE: ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why?
I own both the F30 and F30i.  Both are good masks!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamwear FFM and Airfit F30i are very very similar and both are great in my experience. Personally though, I found the shape of the F30i mask (which curves up higher around the outside of the nasal area) to be better than the Dreamwear in preventing leaks.  Take a look at some YouTube videos for comparison.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just ask him. All too often, people just accept whatever a doctor says without question, leading to this kind of uncertainty. Sure, some of them don't like to be questioned, but it's YOUR health at stake! If we walk away confused or unsure, that's the doctor's mistake, not yours.

I have a somewhat tense relationship with my cardiologist for this reason. He's possibly the best local cardiologist available to me, so I continue to see him but boy, does he get irritated when I ask questions or ask for clarification. He gets especially cross when I point out something contradictory or confusing :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2021, 05:29 PM)StevesSp Wrote: Just ask him. All too often, people just accept whatever a doctor says without question, leading to this kind of uncertainty. Sure, some of them don't like to be questioned, but it's YOUR health at stake! If we walk away confused or unsure, that's the doctor's mistake, not yours.
Definitely I will when I meet him directly. I asked for permission by phone through reception lol
I just don’t know when I’ll go again so wanted to ask here if there are some other issues than possible non compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2021, 09:42 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: By not covering the outer nasal area, the CPAP pressure within the nasal cavity expands this pathway, much like a Breathe-Right strip.   This aids in reducing any physical occlusions.

Oh so purely nasal cavity benefits, got you. 

I believe nasal masks offer a far more significant advantage by only applying pressure to top/back side of palate, tongue and larynx. There is a lot of surface area that gets counteracted if pressure is also being applied to inside the mouth. Then there is also the theory that lower straps on FFM pull back/down on chin/jaw.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I didn't mouth breath, I'd suffocate. 

I use an F30 and it works very well for me.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
I decided to spend some money on the FF mask.
Or rather on cushion and strap only. US Amazon has everything.
Shipping fee hurts though.

And just to check every type of masks I also ordered nasal cushion dreamwear through my insurance
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 637 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Miserable Sleep 40+ Respiratory Rate, Doctor Doesn't Know Why SkylarBlue 14 1,247 10-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 598 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  This chart doesn't look good to me - What do you get from it? jimvs 4 559 08-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: jimvs

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.