Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why?
ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why?
As my nose is getting congested and also i tape my mouth not to cause leaks I thought that maybe trying Fullface mask would be good idea. 
Especially would be good to have such in case I get cold and can’t breathe through my nose at all. 

I tried to consult my doctor about it but he can’t guarantee good results with Fullface mask and don’t recommend it. 

What would be the reason?
I know mouth breathing is not good over all but In case of nasal congestion choosing between not being able to breathe or breathe through mouth...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ENT doesn’t recommend Fullface mask, why?
I would think he has had people with better results using the nasal masks.  They do not leak as much and some people think a ff mask is claustrophobic.  I wear a FF mask and get my best results using it but I also much prefer using a nasal pillow.  If the person will not use the mask then they have no therapy where a nasal mask they will but have leaks, he would rather have the nasal mask and use of cpap instead of no cpap.

If you want to try - do it, if it does not work you can always go back to your old mask...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
They aren't as effective for some people. My recommendation is to try both, sounds like you have already been using nasal mask and if it isn't getting better (mouth leaks, congestion etc) then probably worthwhile trying FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need the nasal area pressure differential that nasal and pillow masks provide, and also need the mouth covering of an FFM, try the Resmed F30 series. It is a hybrid that is listed as an FFM and has a nasal pillow with a mouth covering.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am curious what makes you think F30 does a better job of maintaining nasal pressure/flow, that was not my experience (seems to be a normal FFM to me, just that nasal portion is below nose instead of covering it).
Post Reply Post Reply
By not covering the outer nasal area, the CPAP pressure within the nasal cavity expands this pathway, much like a Breathe-Right strip. This aids in reducing any physical occlusions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2021, 07:15 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I would think he has had people with better results using the nasal masks.  They do not leak as much and some people think a ff mask is claustrophobic.  I wear a FF mask and get my best results using it but I also much prefer using a nasal pillow.  If the person will not use the mask then they have no therapy where a nasal mask they will but have leaks, he would rather have the nasal mask and use of cpap instead of no cpap.

If you want to try - do it, if it does not work you can always go back to your old mask...

I know i may have problems with sleeping in FF as I already didn’t really like Pico mask from Philips. At least it was not really comfortable. 
I got your point about about leaks and usage. Still I would like to give it a try once.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2021, 09:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you need the nasal area pressure differential that nasal and pillow masks provide, and also need the mouth covering of an FFM, try the Resmed F30 series.  It is a hybrid that is listed as an FFM and has a nasal pillow with a mouth covering.

I was thinking about Dreamwear FF as it is also hybrid. Standard FF is NG for me. 
Dreamwear’s good point is also hose connection from top of your head. 
It’s game changer for me. And would get it for free if my Ent would agree on it. 
On the other hand F30 shape looks better...

If only they sold masks on Amazon in my country everything would be easier.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that no one brought up other health aspects so far. Only compliance with CPAP with FF mask.
In other words there is no concern when it comes to sporadic mouth breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed F30i is a top mounted connection version of this mask. I was just mentioning the F30 series in general.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 200 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 640 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Miserable Sleep 40+ Respiratory Rate, Doctor Doesn't Know Why SkylarBlue 14 1,251 10-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
Question What O2 measurement device do you recommend? hejohoo 4 600 08-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  This chart doesn't look good to me - What do you get from it? jimvs 4 560 08-03-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: jimvs

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.