Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR ?
EPR ?
I've seen EPR mentioned  in some posts. I don't have a Resmed Machine. Is it the same as flex on the DreamStations?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR ?
no

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, sorta... Both change the pressure during the exhale part of the cycle, but in different ways and different amounts.

Resmed's EPR just drops the exhale pressure by whatever number of cmH2O you select. PR's flex system is more complicated, and I'm not sure I understand it (I have a Resmed AirSense10 Autoset). Sorry I can't help more; perhaps we need a wiki article about EPR and flex - if there isn't one already.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2017, 07:18 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I've seen EPR mentioned  in some posts. I don't have a Resmed Machine. Is it the same as flex on the DreamStations?

EPR (ResMed machines)
Setting of 1 = 1cm drop in pressure on exhale.
Setting of 2 = 2cm drop in pressure on exhale.
Setting of 3 = 3cm drop in pressure on exhale.

Flex works differently.  You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief regardless of setting.  Flex is just something you have to try out to see what feels best.
Flex settings 1, 2, and 3. for PR machines
You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, which is flow based.
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry for the short answer. now, i'll add the link to a past post on this, which also talks about biPAP.  I think BiPAP will actually let you pick both EPAP and IPAP.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid206250

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the better description, OpalRose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose. I think I understand it now. I'm on BIPAP so I never had to deal either flex or EPR. Just trying to learn the terms so I can follow along. Doing crossword puzzles gets old after awhile. Wink
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2017, 08:23 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Thanks OpalRose. I think I understand it now. I'm on BIPAP so I never had to deal either  flex or EPR. Just trying to learn the terms so I can follow along. Doing crossword puzzles gets old after awhile. Wink

Dielaughing Crossword puzzles might be easier that figuring out flex.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.