Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR, Centrals and Aerphagia
RE: EPR, Centrals and Aerphagia
Just a final note on my case...I have minimized the Aerophagia with as EPR set at 1. The AHI is up a bit from 1.1 average in May to 1.5 average so far in June, but most of that is a few nights where i still get a cluster of CA's at end of a night.

The other things I did were to sleep on my right side (when I can), and I got a longer wedge pillow that begins at my waist an goes up 8 inches at the head. I also am in the school that a collar works in your favor in treating this condition. I know that many feel that a chin tuck would help, but after experimenting, the collar gave me better results.

I am very relieved at the result and thank you and Coffeeman for your advice. (I am also much more pleasant to be around!) Thanks

On to other issues...
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
I really enjoy hearing back, especially on the success stories. It sounds like you are not only better rested, but less anxious. Congrats on the good outcome, and thanks for confirming the collar is a good solution for aerophagia patients. Which one are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 04:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I really enjoy hearing back, especially on the success stories.  It sounds like you are not only better rested, but less anxious. Congrats on the good outcome, and thanks for confirming the collar is a good solution for aerophagia patients.  Which one are you using?

I use the Dr Dakota collar. The trad collars did not work for me...too uncomfortable.

BTW, when I first set the EPR at 2, the AHI spiked and settled down the next day, but I was unnerved by the big increase, so I went to 1, and after the first night it has been great.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you will post a review of your C-collar in this thread. JesseLee is trying to get information together for a new wiki article. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oft-collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did write a short review on 5/23...Since then my partner has bought an "Eliminator" collar, which is almost identical in size, but connects the strap in a different way. (and is half the price).
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 374 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,771 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 229 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 407 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 689 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,086 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.