Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No apnea recorded during Large Leaks
RE: No apnea recorded during Large Leaks
(10-01-2016, 09:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If the leak graph goes up then kinda flat tops like a rocky plateau for a while vs looking like the US Rockies, then it is mouth breathing.

If it is spiky like the Rockies and jumps up and down a lot, then it is probably a mask leak.

I think it is because the mouth opens and stays open while the mask will flutter sort of. Different than the lips fluttering.

Thank you for that explanation regarding how to spot mouth breathing via the leak rate graph. Very useful
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night had AHI 0.46 but also 20.54% of time in Red leak zone. Examined flow rate in each large leak area and saw only uniform breathing with no indication of apnea. i.e. no apnea hiding in the LL area. The mouth breathing needs to be fixed but it doesn't appear to relate to AHI. Only 2 CA and 1 H throughout night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2016, 06:41 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: FFMs do not necessarily solve the mouth breathing/dry mouth problem - I still have it. I believe while sleeping I open my mouth sufficiently to have the lower edge of the mask slip into my mouth and result in leaks through my mouth and out.

Have you tried the Simplus? As you know, some FFMs do a better job than others of holding your jaw to deter you from opening your mouth. On my face, the Simplus concentrates its pressure at the jaw so that I worry about my jaw being permanently displaced rearward, but the Simplus might be perfect for you.

It might be worth trying the Simplus with a 30-day refund privilege. (Vendor #14 offers this on all their masks.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 443 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 75 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 275 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 765 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 354 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 534 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 214 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.