Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
i believe they are both false for different reasons.
CA #1 No apparent cause but slightly rapid breathing following indicating a recovery which is usually absent from these true cemtrals.
CA#2 is an obvious arousal then CA in the recovery.

You do not have enough central to be concerned about them. Aware yes, concerned no.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would just add, this is not "many centrals". This event rate is relatively low, and seems unrelated to the CPAP therapy pressure settings. We can see through the first half of the night through 03:00 a relatively smooth respiratory tidal volume and minute vent, but there is clearly more variation after 03:20 and this may just relate to a less settled sleep. It's pretty common to see more CA events when arousals increase. I don't have any insights on why your sleep seems bifurcated in that manner, but it seems an increase of CA events goes hand in hand with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The few CA here are too few and spread out too much to likely affect sleep very much. Massive trainwreck clusters would however, but again these few CA aren't your problem. I think these are far more reminiscent of breath holds CA or after arousal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you! I appreciate all of you taking the time to look.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hiya! I am still struggling with frequent awakenings. My flow curves are so weird and irregular at times. Any ideas? Is there a cardiac element? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Charts 1 and 3 show you waking up, I see no cause.

Not sure of what you are asking on chart 2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 221 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 18 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 301 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,605 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.