Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
In the Sleep Report, if you scroll down past the humidifier Smily face, you will find My Air and below that 'Period'. If you select that by pushing the big round knob, you can select the number of days used to calculate averages. The default when first turn on, or after a power failure, is 30 days, but OSCAR reports on single days in the Daily Report. That may well be the reason for the difference you noticed.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed has 5 AHI reporting periods on the 10 series. Day, Week, Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, and Year. I believe the default setting is 1-Month. If you select another reporting period to display, and the A10 loses power, it will resort back to the Month reporting display.

My question is, Which reporting period is your A10 set to? That will make all the difference between its reported AHI and OSCAR's reported AHI for that day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is set to 1 month. What should it be? Also, this seems weird. Aren't my AHI numbers for the night for that night?
THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed it to 1 day. Does this mean the numbers they gave me were averages for the month?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if that setting is anything other than 1 Day, then the AHI is an average of the time period. This also answers your question you posted [HERE] about the discrepancies between the Resmed screen and OSCAR's reported AHI.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I think it is weird to have AHIs on the machine each day that do not reflect the previous night only, but I guess people want/need different things from their machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
There are important uses for statistics with different averaging periods to determine trends. The reports are not user-friendly for non-professionals, and if you want to look at the 1-day average, you have to be sure that is what you're looking at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so now that it is set to 1 day, my AHI in the morning will reflect what happened the night before, correct?
Sorry. I never knew that setting existed. I think my power went off briefly last week and maybe that was when it reset to monthly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, setting it to 1 day will reflect the night of sleep you just finished, that is any sleep between noon the previous day and noon of the current day you awake. (24 hr period)

If your device is turned off for any reason, it will automatically reset to default, which
is 1 month.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it! Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 2 112 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 935 Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 829 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 103 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 430 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 333 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 297 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.