Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
As Sleeprider said don't chase numbers, chase comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. Been trying to decide if I need to go back to EPR 3. I am unsure. With theses settings (EPR 2) I wake up a lot more. I have not really been having CAs until last night. I also wake up more throughout the night. But I recall with EPR 3, I woke up less but felt very groggy in the morning, as though maybe I had desaturations, not sure. Here are reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot the reports!
Post Reply Post Reply
DJCpap I'm learning a lot from your posts.

They are very valuable to me.
Thank you!
DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello.

I had a bad night of waking up many, many times. I still cannot figure out why I cannot sleep through the night. Last night I also had an obstructive that last 25 seconds. Can you see anything here that points to a problem? Thanks you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing in the charts that stands out as a problem. Respiratory statistics are good and events are low, with low variation in pressure and no apparent flow limitation (that chart might be useful). Most likely indicator of an arousal are the spikes in tidal volume like at 00.00, 01:00, 01:30 etc. You would have to look closer at the flow rate to see if those spikes are associated with any respiratory cause, or if they just occur without warning. We all have problems staying asleep sometimes, and I have been going through a streak of awakening at night and finding it difficult to get back to sleep. It has nothing to do with my PAP therapy that I can tell, but it happens and is frustrating. Just because you're wearing a CPAP does not mean we can point to that as a cause of arousals. I don't see much room for improvement of therapy settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I do not wake up and have trouble getting back to sleep. I just have many quick mini-arousals. I know not everything can be attributed to cpap, but I was just wondering. I know some of my flow rates look wonky. I guess I will just try to do what I can. This is pretty constant. Fortunately, since being on cpap, the awakenings feel less severe and panicky.
Post Reply Post Reply
That counts as improvement! If I knew of something that might help, I'd certainly put it out there. A lot of us have upgraded to the Vauto out of pocket based on its greater ability to customize pressure support and timing, but it is not something I'm going to say is essential for you, and it isn't something you would likely talk your doctor or insurance into.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will think about that. I don't know much about that machine. 
I have an appointment next month with my sleep doctor and I hesitate even telling her about my issues because all she ever says is: Your numbers are good. I have asked her about tidal volume spikes before and she never really talks about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The spikes are not a problem, they are an indicator.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 46 44 minutes ago
Last Post: Narcil
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 5 184 Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 960 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 840 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 451 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 348 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.