Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
What do they indicate? I know so little about tidal volume and all the other things that show up on the Oscar data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, the Vauto gives more pressure support, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Spikes in tidal volume are increases in flow volume, often an indicator of arousal, but not necessarily.
The Vauto gives unlimited pressure support in 0.2 cm increments. Also the sensitivity of triggering IPAP and cycling to EPAP can be set. Also allows setting minimum and maximum time of inspiration pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes sense that the spikes are related to arousal. 
The Vauto sounds like a dream! If only it weren't so pricey!
I also wonder if arousals are related to refulx. I have GERD but I think I may have the kind that is silent and affects breathing more, as I really don't get any heartburn. Just lots of belching, bloating and hiccups.
Post Reply Post Reply
Helpful posts thank you.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post. I cannot find where I posted this this morning!
I had a better night in terms of waking up less, however, I had more CAs. I've only been back on an EPR of 3 for a few days now. The first few nights I had minimal CAs, but last night I had many. Also, my apneas seem to be longer in duration. Just wondering if I should stay with the 3? I know my flow limits are better, I just want the CAs to go away.

Also, I recently got a Welvue SleepU device and wondered if it syncs up to Oscar?
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the Sleepu's data will import into OSCAR.  It is listed in the Data > Import Viatom/Wellue Data.  

To help find any of your previous posts or threads, go to your [PROFILE PAGE] and click on either Find All Posts or Find All Threads

Also, keep all your therapy posts and questions in a single thread.  This helps for historical reference. It appears that you are doing this, but I wanted to mention it, anyway.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Do I need special software? I have a Mac and I just send PDFS to my computer. I don't know if I have to do something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wellue has Mac software, O2 Insight Pro, that will offload the data from your SleepU.  You then will import the resultant file into OSCAR.  Here is a link on using this feature: OSCAR - Viatom File Import

The file you're looking for is the binary generated by the Wellue app.   Depending on your software version, it will be listed with or without the "SleepU_" prefix.  Note: other oximeter models use their name as the prefix.  The remaining portion of the file's name will be encoded with the year (4), Month(2), Hour(2), Minute (2), and Seconds(2).  Using January 9, 2022, at 1:55:15PM as an example will produce a filename of "20220109135515".

You can also use an iPhone or Android to get the data from a Viatom/Wellue device as well.  Since my main system is Linux based, I use an Android device with the Viatom/Wellue ViHealth app.   Running a ftp server app on my phone, my data is automatically uploaded daily to my Linux server.    There's more than one way to skin this cat! One little step you will need using a cellular device is you must view the session's graph on your device before the file is created. The data is actually stored in a SQL database.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh thanks you so much! I have the app on my android and I have been using that. But if I were to use my phone, do I still need Insight to get it to my Mac to use Oscar? Sorry, I am not great with these things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 9 237 5 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 103 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 972 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 865 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 110 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 462 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 360 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.