Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
I gave up on my droid and now just trying to get the data from 02 Insight Pro to Oscar. There is no way to export from Insight to Oscar and the only formats they have for sharing are pdf and csv. So I tried doing it from Oscar, thinking they might find the files. I did create a folder for the SleepU data, but they are pdfs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Can someone look at my oximeter report from last night and my Oscar chart? I have not figured out how to integrate them, but I raised my pressure by .2 and had several centrals. Also had more drops in oxygen, though not too low. Just not sure of the duration.Can someone take a look? Many thanks!  Thinking-about

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   SleepU-20220119000927_OXIRecord.pdf (Size: 197.47 KB / Downloads: 8)
Post Reply Post Reply
To help you import your SleepU, take a look at the Viatom File Import Wiki [HERE].
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have no problems with oxygen saturation. It never got close to 90 let alone falling for a time below 88.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. With regard to the centrals, do you think after a few days at the increased pressure, they may go away?
Post Reply Post Reply
A low level CA as these are tends to make me think these are treatment emergent. I've not refreshed my memory on your thread, regardless the treatment emergent Centrals will diminish within 3 months. The majority of PAP users that get these will see a drop in a few days to weeks. A relatively small number of PAP users will encounter more stubborn TECA, and it could be 3 months. For any, if they are cause for disruptions, you need to edit settings on the PAP to avoid the CA. This OSCAR chart, your AHI-c was at 0.81 with 6 flagged CA over 7 plus hours, meaning no big issues.

As for SpO2, your chart has a low of 92%, which is where I am sometimes for hours while awake, due to my COPD. You got below 90 zero times, so you're fine in this regard.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sarcastic Dave. I have been on Cpap for over a year now. I recently upped the EPR to 3 and got more CAs. Then upped my pressure a little last night and more CAs came. I guess I will stick to these settings and see if they diminish. I have an appointment with my doctor in early Feb so I am trying to get a handle on things before then. Hoping she can help fine tune, but I find as nice as she is, she just looks at the AHI and nothing else. I have been having some weird flow rate graphs lately, so hoping I can get answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome.

It's going to sound sarcastic because it's me, but I'm trying to inject positive perspective for you on CA. Your Centrals, at least in that chart, are a non-issue. 6 events in over 7 hours is nothing like what I get. I don't know exactly what I get right now as I still don't have a new machine, but for me to get 6 CA would be within a few minutes with or without PAP, and with the wrong machine, to get 6 CA might be met within minute 1. Yes there's also a difference between treatment emergent and predominately Central like mine.

Ok more help. What trend does your CA present? And take note the goal of CPAP therapy is not a zero event chart, it's low enough events that you have gained meaningful, well rested sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sarcastic Dave, thanks for responding. I am aware that I am fortunate not to have a real issue with CA, so I hope I am not annoying by asking such questions. I am sorry that you have such difficulty with real CAs--I know they are harder to treat.
No matter what hiccup I may have on some nights with regard to treatment, I feel so much better than before therapy. So I remind myself of that! I just don't sleep through the night and have the micro-awakenings throughout the night that may be related to spikes in tidal volume. So I get really frustrated trying to figure out how to change that. I know I will never be apnea /flow limit free. I think you are right in saying my CAs are treatment emergent, but not knowing too much about this, I usually come to the board for help. 
I don't look at the flow graph too often, but lately I see things like the attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No issue in trying to learn about this, that's why we're here. I'll let others chime in on the flow rate jaggedness. Zoomed in areas aren't exactly my specialty. To me it looks to be related to the events that are flagged. But then the inspiration shapes aren't quite right either, maybe flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 9 228 40 minutes ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 98 9 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 967 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 846 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 109 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 462 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 358 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.