Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
Hey everyone, I am sorry to keep asking for help. I am still struggling. 
I upped my minimum pressure from 10.8 to 11, since my median pressure seemed to always be at least 11.5 or higher. I got a lot more centrals, which I assume is from the increase? All the apneas are longer than usual, with one being 23 seconds, then many clusters and back-to-back apneas. I know the head of my bed was not as high as usual because my sleep position has been ruining my back. Also, I woke up slumped down a few times. I wore a soft travel pillow around my neck to try and keep it in position, but it may be too soft. I also know that I have the worst apneas in REM and I had quite the dreams in the latter part of the night when I had most of my apneas. Should I continue with these setting and maybe raise my bed up a little?
Post Reply Post Reply
You will nearly always generally have a median pressure above your minimum pressure. looking at the latest chart, your pressure does not vault really high, and your OAs and CAs look to me like they may be transitional, like as you are waking or just falling asleep, called sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) that need not be considered as a real countable event. So, your chart looks great.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello! 
I have been experiencing aerophagia off and on for a while now. I had read on another thread some advice about narrowing the pressure parameters, so I lowered my maximum pressure to 13. I also tried a soft collar for the first time. I only wore the collar half the night because it was very uncomfortable and it felt like I was being strangled. I also felt weird sensations and heard faint noises from my esophagus. I was up off and on a lot through the night and finally woke up with terrible aerophagia. Any advice on how I might fix that? Oddly my AHI is the lowest it has been in a very long time, but I got very little sleep. I feel like crap today.
Post Reply Post Reply
With aerophagia, we trade some efficacy for comfort. Titrate to lower pressure in one cm increments until you get the balance you seek
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So lower my minimum by 1 and keep max the same?
I also had air pushing my nose cushions out, so maybe it was too much or not going where it needs to go.
THANK YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would lower both by 1.
It would help if you posted the standard charts (View / Reset Graphs / Standard), which includes Pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the correct view?
And so I should try between 10-12?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Gideon, your new settings are minimum 10, maximum 12, EPR stays the same. Your chart is fine, but you can vertically shrink those charts to fit more charts like flow limits, leaks, snores or anything else that seems relevant. The summary statistics indicates pretty much all those are near zero, so it's not too important.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks. The low AHI in this chart is an anomaly, so I hope the pressure change does not effect my apneas too much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 5 163 7 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 13 953 Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 835 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 445 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 344 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 301 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.