Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR Settings and Flow limits
RE: EPR Settings and Flow limits
On the last chart, your AHI was excellent, but our objectives are good rest, comfort and AHI, in about that order. How we achieve that is sometimes a judgement call. Try to decide the quality of your night BEFORE looking at data. Whatever you did for sleep position was working pretty good. It would really help to have the pressure chart included, but you didn't hit the maximum of 13.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
here it is with pressure chart.
I struggle with position because I have to be at an angle and sometimes it is not all that comfortable and more apneas occur due to slumping. I got a new soft collar, but I only wore it half the night. It was very hard to sleep with. I guess I should keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are charts from last night. Still swallowed air, but maybe less than before. I woke up around 5am from a loud sound coming from my esophagus. I could not fall back asleep and it felt like air was going down my throat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still room to move down in pressure. We can hold here or move to 9-11.4 pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay, thanks. I will move the pressure down tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, started last night at 9.0 - 11.4. After 4.5 hours I was up and switched to 9.4 - 11.4, as my AHI was 2.8. I also took the soft collar off at that time. Should I go another night at 9.4-11.4? Or should I change it? Lots of apneas and hypopneas. Also some bad dreams.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just stick with it. It seems to have reduce the OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning. I woke up many many times in the night last night. Still swallowing some air. I know towards the end of the night some air may have escaped through my mouth. Anyway, can anything be gleaned from this flow curve? It is like this off an on through the night.
I am so tired today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having a lot of stomach pain from the air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 82 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 255 5 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,610 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.