Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR and Sleep Quality
(10-07-2013, 06:17 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 05:19 PM)RonWessels Wrote: I'm a little confused about Bi-Flex. Let's start with something simple: what is the difference between a CPAP set at 12 with a C-Flex setting of 1 (ie. 12 on inhale and 11 on exhale) and a BiPAP with IPAP 12 and EPAP 11? My understanding is that they are essentially identical.

I have noticed that the pressure doesn't jump from EPAP to IPAP until I start to inhale. With C-Flex, on the other hand, the pressure jump occurs at the end of the exhale. Not much of a difference, but it is a difference nevertheless.

Actually, this is also a difference between the PRS1 C-Flex and the ResMed EPR. With EPR, the pressure reduction ends at the start of the subsequent inhale, while, as you said, C-Flex pressure reduction ends at the end of the exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's also C-Flex Plus, not to be confused with the Plus machine.

It seems they'll do anything to confuse people with a dizzying array of options. Automobile manufacturers do the same thing.

I think there's a C-Flex Plus Plus. or maybe that's a computer programming language. Too-funny
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI ravik 75 1,594 Today, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed S9 not recording quality Jencrdh 11 480 02-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Beej
  LOW AHI vs actual REAL quality sleep waydavis 35 5,224 01-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  [Treatment] ASV and Quality of Life ricknfli 7 337 01-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Last Post: ricknfli
Information Vitamin D & B's and Sleep Quality membus 13 2,313 10-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  RERAs and Sleep Quality holden4th 6 584 10-13-2016, 03:58 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Overall quality of sleep SamStamport 13 949 08-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Sn00zeAlarm