Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Banished!
RE: Banished!
(01-17-2014, 06:44 PM)retired_guy Wrote: The other not so good thing is the fricken cats think it's their couch.

Our cat thinks she should be in bed with me and the missus. And when the cat gets board thinks we should wake up and play with her.

This is why she now sleeps in the garage. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Prior to being diagnosed I used to kick and toss and turn and be up all nght, so decided to move into the spare bedroom so my wife could get some sleep, when I got my CPAP, my wife hated the look, so I stayed in the spare room and love it. It is more important for me to get a good nights sleep than worry about what my wife think.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband and I gave up years ago, due to my snoring and now we both have our own rooms and couldn't be happier. You have to do what you have to do.
PS. No way to this sleeping on the couch!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 06:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I've done work for people in their houses, and seen couples with separate bedrooms. They are perfectly happy, so no, it's not strange.
I,m wondering what sort of work college professor does in people home
Marriage counselor perhaps Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 08:03 PM)Remo Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 06:44 PM)retired_guy Wrote: The other not so good thing is the fricken cats think it's their couch.

Our cat thinks she should be in bed with me and the missus. And when the cat gets board thinks we should wake up and play with her.

This is why she now sleeps in the garage. Laugh-a-lot

That is One for us guys.. Yes!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 12:11 AM)zonk Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 06:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I've done work for people in their houses, and seen couples with separate bedrooms. They are perfectly happy, so no, it's not strange.

Cat psychologist.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 12:11 AM)zonk Wrote:

I used to be a carpenter, Zonk. Many many years ago.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it's not odd, strange, whatever you want to call it at all. For 40 years my wife tolerated my moving all over the bed, taking all the sheets, blankets, etc. While we lived in Germany, we slept in feather beds and comforters, and continued with the comforter when we returned to the states. When the oldest moved out for college and began life, my wife began sleeping in her room. Before my cat turned deaf, he couldn't stand my snoring, and slept elsewhere. For as long as I can remember I've never had a good nights sleep, and was never refreshed the next day.

I had several sleep studies over the past 25 years. OSA, now chronic, was always the diagnosis, and was prescribed a few CPAP's, C-Flex, BiPaps, VPAPS, and all the mask that went with them, and never used them once them got them home. I shouldn't say never. I wouldn't take the time necessary to grow accustomed. I wanted instant gratification! First sleep study was the best night sleep ever. Last sleep study I finally got serious. Had too. Social Security said if I didn't average 4 hours of sleep using the system I currently have, they wouldn't pay for it. Now I love it. Sorta reminds me of the song by Tanya Tucker, "It's A Little Too Late"........

Long story short. People often become better friends when they sleep in separate rooms. Unfortunately, once I retired for good, we separated for good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 09:29 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I used to be a carpenter, Zonk. Many many years ago.
Carpenter or professor are about the same. One in house building business and the other in nation building business as teaches the next future leaders which in turn they build the nation ... hopefully
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.