Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR is turned off but sleepyhead says its on
EPR is turned off but sleepyhead says its on
I turned EPR off when first starting to use cpap 3 months ago but on the daily summary it always says it is on. See attached.
I tried going into clinical menu, turning it on then back off again, but it still says it's on. It feels to me like it is on because I feel pressure changes from inhalation to exhalation. Is there some way to tell for sure?

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR is turned off but sleepyhead says its on
The screen shot you have displayed is the type of EPR not whether it is on or off. Look in your Clinician menu and you will see EPR with options for Off or On. If On, a second menu is available that says "Full Time" or a value. If EPR is set off, then it is off, all you are seeing in the screen shot is EPR type and is not active.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can feel the pressure changes, it's likley turned on.
One explanation may be the internal cellular modem in the 10 series machines.
Your provider may be turning it back on. You could put the machine in airplane mode which would rule out them making changes.

You should be able to see the 3cm-water change in the high sample rate pressure graph.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
simplest answer: bug in sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does the clinical menu on the machine say about EPR? As FrankNichols indicates, the EPR settings in the clinical menu will tell whether EPR is turned on, and if it is turned on whether it is set to full time or not. (I think you can restrict EPR to the ramp period for example.)

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 07:04 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: The screen shot you have displayed is the type of EPR not whether it is on or off. Look in your Clinician menu and you will see EPR with options for Off or On. If On, a second menu is available that says "Full Time" or a value. If EPR is set off, then it is off, all you are seeing in the screen shot is EPR type and is not active.

Thanks for your response Frank. I went in to clinician menu when I first got the machine months ago and turned off EPR. When I look back in that menu it still says OFF. It was just the screen that confused me.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:46 PM)robysue Wrote: What does the clinical menu on the machine say about EPR? As FrankNichols indicates, the EPR settings in the clinical menu will tell whether EPR is turned on, and if it is turned on whether it is set to full time or not. (I think you can restrict EPR to the ramp period for example.)

Clinical menu says OFF
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 07:09 AM)justMongo Wrote: If you can feel the pressure changes, it's likley turned on.
One explanation may be the internal cellular modem in the 10 series machines.
Your provider may be turning it back on. You could put the machine in airplane mode which would rule out them making changes.

You should be able to see the 3cm-water change in the high sample rate pressure graph.

Do you mean this graph?

It does show change in pressure of about 3 cm from inhalation to exhalation, and that's what I guess I'm feeling.
Thanks for your insights, you are very helpful for so many of us newbies.

Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
The spikes in your wave form are too brief, they are just responses to your changing from inhaling to exhaling. What is I see your waveform for your mask pressure seems to be a constant 11 cm.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2016, 02:27 PM)palerider Wrote: simplest answer: bug in sleepyhead.

Got bug spray?Laugh-a-lot
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  AirSense 11 turned off while in use; why??? rpierce 4 1,369 07-23-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense autoset 11 can I disable blowing again after turned off? plaidwandering 5 1,708 01-09-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  [CPAP] device starts blowing about 30 mins after being turned off willid3 3 1,084 08-25-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: willid3
  TURNED EPR OFF! Michael Shaw 15 3,388 09-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: vroomvroom
  Bariatric surgery: OAs turned into CAs and Hs RumbleRumble 4 1,317 11-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: RumbleRumble
  Can the Resmed autosense 10 be turned off remotley cylon452 9 5,016 12-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.