Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR question
EPR question
My ResMed S9 Autoset cpap machine offers EPR of 1, 2 or 3. In addition to the numbers, it also has a "patient" setting plus OFF. Does anyone know what the 'patient' setting is for and is it better than the numbers offered?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR question
Patient gives the user control over EPR without having to enter the clinician menu.
Some DMEs lock the user out of EPR control.

The question of :Is it better, has no meaning in the context of how EPR works.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR question
EPR on the S9s: the numbers mean 1, 2, or 3 points off from the inhale. So if you have an EPR of 2 and a treatment pressure of 10, you inhale 10, exhale against 8.

Some say it is just a comfort feature, others believe not. Some, like myself, experience more centrals with the EPR off. Others notice no difference and use it purely for comfort. Or not at all.

It also depends on the mask as to how that comfort is working. For me, some nasal pillows have required a higher setting of EPR. Others, I do just fine.

As for "patient", it allows you access to change the setting via the main screen vs the internal clinician menu.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,415 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.