Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR setting and effect on central apnea
Sounds great. I wouldn't advocate ASV unless it is necessary to improve your health. I am mainly concerned that even physicians have made knee-jerk reactions to a single study that pointed to a very small increased risk for a very small cohort. I deal with risk management in environmental health professionally, and as you can imagine, minuscule risks in the contexts of everyday life get blown out of proportion in decision-making.

If and when ASV becomes the best option, I hope it is available to you, and that you and a well informed doctor, will pursue it after a reasonable consideration of all sides of the risk equation. Unlike many here, I'm all about "taking chances" where there is a reasonable likelihood of a positive outcome. Risk and reward go hand-in-hand. Nothing good ever came to those unwilling to take a chance or explore unknown opportunities.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setting minimum pressure Leemax 2 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: Leemax
  What setting for Oral mask only Snorilla 14 199 8 hours ago
Last Post: PaytonA
  Prescribed manual pressure setting vs Auto JT01 21 1,269 Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Melman
  High central apneas? 3mp0w3r 1 108 03-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Ohmy Hypopnea, central and obstructive Stevie1under 10 314 03-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Mark71
Question Central vs Clear Airway Hydrangea 6 219 03-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night on autopap (central apneas) JohnnyGobbs 74 2,707 03-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: JohnnyGobbs