Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ERP Explination
ERP Explination
I have a new RESMED Airsense 10 Autosense with a Dreamwear full face mask.
Looking through the settings there is one for ERP. I know it seems to have something to do with exhale pressure but it's badly explained.

Could someone explain what it does and whether it should be ON or OFF? (currently: off)

Thanks.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ERP Explination
The EPR setting on your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is the Exhale Relief Pressure (ERP), or more accurately Exhale Pressure Relief (EPR) setting.  It can be Off, Ramp-Only, or Full Time, and the settings are 1, 2 and 3 which provides a pressure reduction during exhale of 1, 2 or 3 cm H2O respectively.  If you use #Sleepyhead software which is free, you will see a mask pressure graph.  Here is what EPR looks like close-up as a pressure graph at setting 3 Full Time.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ERP Explination
Thank you! A clear, concise explanation as usual.
I'll set it to 1 to start and see how that works.

Much appreciated.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.