Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA
RE: EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA
(04-12-2024, 05:13 PM)mdmarmd Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing your experience and going through the process of vetting your idea. I recently had a nightmare and woke up with symptoms similar to what you described. When I tried to go back to sleep, I noticed I was breathing rapidly and heavily, which felt abnormal. I realized my AirFit P10 vents were blocked, causing me to experience rainout for the first time despite using a heated hose and sleeping with the AC on year-round. I switched to a different P10 and fell asleep quickly. This morning, I searched for ways to increase P10 venting and found your post, which was very enlightening. I've been having recurring nightmares accompanied by rapid breathing and began to connect the dots. I'm wondering if blocked vents can lead to hyper condensation and rainout, as I'd never experienced moisture in the heated hose or P10 before.

"I've thoroughly cleaned my mask vents using a Waterpik and left them to dry for the day, hoping this resolves the issue. After cleaning, I was able to successfully verify airflow through the vents.

Thank you again for your diligence in investigating this matter and identifying the root cause as a design flaw, likely due to insufficient beta testing. Additionally, I've been experiencing intermittent cardiac rhythm issues, which I plan to discuss with my cardiologist to determine if they may be related to hypercapnia. Since I have multiple machines and masks across three different locations, I'll investigate whether the tachycardia and bradycardia events coincide with the older masks."

Haven't returned to this thread for years:

While you might be right, I am dubious that the air blower will be more effective than the waterpik approach.  I had tried any number of methods in the past including a narrowly directed stream of air from a 100 psi air compressor.  I found the waterpik to be the most practical and effective.  According to the waterpik companies their maximum pressure is 100 psi (I even saw one with 125 psi), and I think this would be much more forceful than a stream of air because the force from the mass and velocity of the stream of water would be much more effective in dislodging solid particles. 

In my view the real proof is having the ability to visually examine the interstices of the mesh to verify the state of cleanliness.

Just my 2 cents.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,209 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 184 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 242 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,576 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,061 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,370 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,753 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.